In essence, the role of a Recruitment Consultant is to outreach and connect with Life Science clients (companies) and candidates (professional personnel), understand their wants and needs, and help place the right professional into the right company and role. You will be in charge of the entire recruitment process, from outreach and interview to job offers.
A successful Recruitment Consultant can build rapport quickly with both clients and candidates and maintain it through a professional and beneficial relationship.
Barrington James and Life Science industry background:
The global Life Sciences industry is dominant in today’s world. Drug development processes are progressing faster than ever before. The need for vaccines, treatments and medical devices continues to grow at an exponential rate to ensure treatment for disease reaches those it needs to.
That means for Barrington James, we grow at the same speed. With 11 global offices hosting over 160+ consultants specialising in niche areas of the Life Science market, we are ready to support our growing group of clients in sourcing the most, senior, specialist and rare candidates to join them.
Internally, the job is never finished. The acceleration of the Life Sciences ensures there’s always new heights to reach which means a consistent focus on attracting new talent to join our global teams.
Are you deeply hungry to be the best at what you do? Motivated by beating your own records and receiving the recognition to prove it? Want to set an example to others around you, and be the one to lead them to success, too?
Graduate and Entry-level aspects:
We are hiring graduates and salespeople to join our 'Launch Team' programme following the success of our most recent hires who have graduated the programme. In our "Launch Team", you will be trained by our Learning and Development Manager, Sarah Wheeler, to build relationships with global, senior candidates within the particularly lucrative Life Science sector, identify top profiles for specific job roles, and managing the interview process for successful candidates. Your training will lead your promotion to a 360 Recruitment Consultant, where you'll manage all relationships with clients and oversee the recruitment process from start to finish.
Alongside Sarah, you’ll receive further training and development from our company-wide Training Manager Rosaleen McCombe. She will deliver off-desk training to enable you to develop the key skills and techniques that will enable you to thrive within the industry.
This is a fantastic opportunity for ambitious graduates and salespeople to build a career in an industry that has remained secure throughout Covid-19. You will receive consistent, individualised training from our senior leadership team, and will work against a progression pathway focused on your performance.
With 160+ consultants worldwide working tirelessly to support clients in a hugely business-critical period in Pharma & Life Sciences, Covid-19 has not slowed us down. Since January 2020, we have consistently grown our global divisions and have broken billing records across multiple teams.
Join a company that has proven its ability to not just withstand, but thrive, in even the most challenging of times.
What is on offer?
- £45k first year OTE (increasing year-on-year to £100k+ in year three)
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Global awards for top performers and achievers (Sales Person Of The Year, Performer Of The Year)
- Payday Lottery: win up to £4k extra each month
- Team of The Quarter/Year to celebrate our ‘win together’ philosophy
- Average deal value of £22,000
- 121 training and development with COO and Training Manager
- Charity work as a part of our day-to-day
- Relocation opportunities and regular travel to client meetings and conferences
- Up to 39 days paid holiday + Christmas – New Year off for top billers
- Fast-paced, driven, and energetic working environment alongside like-minded individuals
- Shares scheme: 50% of the company is employee-owned
- LinkedIn Recruiter access from day one
- Onsite parking
- Consistent support for Mental Health through Mental Health First Aid trained consultants, EAP access, and external collaborators
- Flexible working for top performers
- Confidence in ability to learn a particularly high-calibre industry
- Ability to network over the phone and face-to-face
- Impeccable organisation skills
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks at one time
- Strong negotiation skills
- Sourcing niche, high-calibre candidates for vacancies across your vertical within the Pharmaceutical sector
- Building and maintaining relationships with senior candidates
- Organising interview availability
- Managing the full 360 recruitment process
- Consistently developing business with emerging, niche companies