Register your interest in advance for our 2024 graduate hiring cycle
The recruitment will start in January 2024 and will begin with the application stage, followed by an at-home technical and behavioural test, and then if successful you will move to a phone and in-person interview in our Manchester campus.
About the Programme
We are thrilled about this 15-month program within our TRIPS Business Unit. This department bridges the Booking.com of today with the Booking of tomorrow, leading the evolution of Booking.com from a single-product company to a multi-product offering company with an outstanding, personalized travel experience at the heart of its success.
This program will provide an excellent foundation for graduates to develop their skills and have a significant impact on our mission to make it easier for everyone to experience the world, building and improving great products for both travelers and for our accommodation partners.
As a Junior Software Engineer II at Booking.com, you will be a fully-fledged, permanent team member, and will work alongside experienced engineers responsible for the design & delivery of services and products to offer customers the best selection of properties and rooms.
The Junior Software Engineer II will be guided and supported throughout the program with a dedicated mentor, onboarding bootcamp, learning exploration and opportunities to develop world-leading technical expertise through placements and exposure across a number of teams within the engineering business unit. Junior Software Engineer II will grow to a Software Engineer I role upon successful completion of the program.
This is a unique opportunity to launch your professional career and learn great software engineering principles and working practices at the world’s number one travel company.
You'll be building the future of travel at Booking.com, one line of code at a time but also:
- Collaborate with a team of engineers to craft, develop, and deliver high-quality software solutions.
- Coordinate for the end-to-end delivery of your projects.
- Learn new technologies and stay ahead of the curve.
- Contribute to the evolution of our engineering standard processes.
- Write clear, concise, and comprehensive user documentation.
Bring your sense of adventure and the following:
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field with a 2:1 or above (including predicted grades). Note that your graduation date has to be in 2023 or 2024.
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- A passion for travel and technology.
- You will get great discounts at Booking.com but not only:
- A great new office to work in the heart of Manchester.
- A clear and structured career pathway with the opportunity to promote to Software Engineer I upon completion of the program.
- World class training & development, including in Java and professional growth in building software applications, software system design, technical incident management and architectural mentorship.
- World-class training and development.
- The opportunity to work on meaningful and exciting projects.
- A fast-paced and ambitious culture.
- The chance to make a real difference in the travel industry.
- Technical, behavioral and interpersonal competence advancement via on-the-job opportunities, experimental projects, hackathons, conferences and active community participation.
- 25 days’ paid holiday plus bank holidays (rising to 28 days after 3 years of service)
- Up to 10% matching pension.
Important note about eligibility
In order to be eligible for this program you need to:
- Graduate in 2024 or have graduated in 2023.
- Be available to start a full time position for our 15 month programme mid- September 2024.
- Be able to commute to our office in Manchester at least twice a week