Work with Us. Change the World.
At AECOM, we're delivering a better world. Whether improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water, or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive. We are the world's trusted infrastructure consulting firm, partnering with clients to solve the world’s most complex challenges and build legacies for future generations.
There has never been a better time to be at AECOM. With accelerating infrastructure investment worldwide, our services are in great demand. We invite you to bring your bold ideas and big dreams and become part of a global team of nearly 50,000 planners, designers, engineers, scientists, digital innovators, program and construction managers and other professionals delivering projects that create a positive and tangible impact around the world.
We're one global team driven by our common purpose to deliver a better world. Join us.
Our Renewables and Energy Transmission team are seeking graduates within their Bristol, Glasgow or Edinburgh office to join from June 24 onwards.
Please note this application is for those who do not have a traditional engineering background. Should you have a background in civil, chemical, electrical, or mechanical engineering please apply to our relevant engineering roles.
- Supporting the delivery of consultancy services on renewable energy engineering projects.
- Providing input into feasibility level studies for renewable energy projects in conjunction with the wider AECOM teams.
- Collation and processing of project data from a wide variety of sources.
- Preparation of technical reports.
- Preparation of detailed design information
- Assisting in securing work with renewable energy developers and their supply chain.
Our Graduate Development Programme (ADVANCE) along with our huge scope of projects across the globe will challenge and inspire you to make a real difference to the world we live in. Our GDP forms a core part of our business strategy globally, designed to develop the best talent across numerous disciplines to lead our business into the future. We have more than 750 graduates on our programmes across the UK and Ireland from more than 40 different disciplines, each making a tangible difference to the environment in which we live and work.
We shall provide you with all the tools and support you need to achieve your professional development ambitions, including Chartership with the relevant international professional institution (we have graduates working towards more than 30 professional institutions in the UK and Ireland). We shall push you to achieve the highest standards and expect our graduates to pass their professional review first time. You will be assigned a mentor to support and guide your development, and you will take regular training modules throughout the programme. There will be on-the-job technical development and classroom training where required, and the opportunity to work on live client projects with significant multi-disciplinary exposure.
Minimum Requirements :
- Post graduate qualifications in a relevant discipline – e.g., Renewable Energy.
- BSC in relevant subject.
- A 2:1 (or equivalent) degree classification or above
- Some familiarity with CAD and ArcGIS would be beneficial.
- Work experience in the renewable energy or related field (e.g., working for either a power developer, equipment manufacturer, or consultant)
- Able to demonstrate a commitment to continued education and improvement through participating in our approved training schemes.
- Demonstrable interest in a career in renewable energy Good Microsoft Office skills essential such as Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Ability to communicate effectively to internal and external clients, both verbally & in writing with the confidence to engage with a variety of people (clients, colleagues, stakeholders, and sub-contractors alike) and the aptitude to rationally explain, explore and discuss technical issues and capture feedback.
- Enthusiastic, hard-working, with ambition and drive
- Ability to structure & prioritise work effectively through close cooperation with the team as a whole.
- Ability to work in a team and independently without losing initiative & focus.
- Driving license – some travel to site may be required with equipment
- Student member of an appropriate professional institution
- Working ability in a second language and/or relevant work experience outside the UK
Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible since CVs will be reviewed, and candidates selected on a rolling recruitment basis for advanced offer starts.
Please include a covering letter with your application and provide all predicted and/or obtained academic grades.
You must have permanent right to work in the UK as we are unable to offer visa sponsorship for this position.
Edinburgh, Glasgow or Bristol