Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company—and Forbes has named us one of the Fastest-Growing Technology Companies in America. We fast-track our customers’ digital advantage—and you can fast-track your career by joining us!
At Equinix, we celebrate our differences and are proud of the inclusive, innovative culture at the heart of our success. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment that’s at the heart of our core company values.
Opportunities at Equinix
The Equinix Summer Internship Program offers wide-ranging opportunities in within the Finance organization. Spend your time gaining practical work experience and learning from some of the sharpest minds in the industry. Work in a culture that thrives on innovation and delivering results, while building solid relationships with industry leaders, and fellow students from around the country.
The Global Operations Enablement Data & Analytics organization is responsible for producing high level metrics and insights. They work collaboratively with internal stakeholders to produce visualization metrics and key performance indicators that allow Operations to make informed decisions based on data. You will be supporting a highly prolific team within GOE.
Project INSIGHT is at the core of how we currently view our metrics within operations. There is an exciting opportunity to review a critical set of metrics, and to redefine, align and support the fundamental changes and output from within this project. Ensuring targeted data insights, global consistency on usage and definition with an improved and intuitive end user look and feel.
The successful candidate will be offered the opportunity to shadow the Global Data & Analytics team and understand the key operational focus areas through metrics and storytelling. They will be given the chance to produce dashboards and topical metrics using Power BI.
We would offer the candidate the choice to drive a metric and reporting project to completion.
What you will be doing (Responsibilities/Tasks)
- Use software tools to develop reports and analysis that convey relevant and meaningful information to internal stakeholders of all levels in a concise and logical manner.
- Work collaboratively with other team members to ensure the business needs are being met through data manipulation and cleansing.
- Performs checks to ensure data quality and accuracy is consistent in all manual or automated platforms of information.
- Explores data within files and systems to determine trends and relationships between variables.
- Build, develop, troubleshoot, maintain, and approve various reports and dashboards utilizing Excel, VBA, Tableau, and Power BI.
- Working on real-life projects that will add true value and have a big impact on our business
- Opportunity to network and collaborate with other interns across the globe
- Take part of our summer programme with executive speaker series, networking events, shark tank project presentations and much more!
Who you are (Requirements/Qualifications)
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited university/college, in your penultimate year of your Bachelor’s or Master's degree studies
- Ideally studying a degree in Business Systems, Computer Science, Information Management, Data Science, Information Technology
- Available to work full-time between for the duration of the Summer Internship Programme (July to September)
- Ability to work independently, collaboratively, and effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, business proficiency in English
- Ability to create accurate reports, deliver presentations, and share information and ideas with others
- Analytically driven and detail-oriented, with working knowledge of Microsoft Office Package and aptitude to learn new software.