Future Advocacy is a non-partisan advocacy agency. Our vision is a world which is more equal, more prosperous, and more sustainable.
We are highly skilled at:
- Designing winning advocacy strategies and delivering impactful global government relations work
- Mobilising targeted and powerful campaigns for change
- Research, analysis, policy development and report writing
- Communications strategies and social media management
- Training in all aspects of strategy, lobbying, campaigning, and media work
We are proud to work for some fantastic clients seeking to make the world a better place. Current and previous clients include the Jamie Oliver Group; the Elton John AIDS Foundation; Movember; Bite Back 2030; World Food Programme; Islamic Relief; The Brave Movement; and Sarah Brown’s TheirWorld charity.
Future Advocacy also produces high quality research on a range of policy issues. Our work has received significant media coverage and political traction. Our research clients include the NHS, Wellcome Trust, World Wide Web Foundation, Open Data Institute, and the Pathways for Prosperity Commission which was co-chaired by Melinda Gates .
Our Founder/CEO previously was Director of the ONE campaign across Europe for 7 years, responsible for all ONE’s policy, campaigns, digital, media, and advocacy work. He was a key architect of the Make Poverty History Campaign; Movement Director for the anti-slavery organisation Walk Free; and an Executive Director of the UK Labour Party.
Future Advocacy is seeking a Research, Advocacy, and Communications Coordinator. This is a great opportunity to be thrown in at the deep end in a small, dynamic organisation with a major focus on team and personal development. The successful candidate will quickly develop a range of skills, including research, advocacy, writing, and communications. They will work closely with the Founder/CEO as part of our small and energetic team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Researching key issues relating to consultancy projects
- Supporting advocacy, events, and communications work
- Supporting business development
- Overseeing website upkeep and social media
- Other tasks as required
Skills and experience
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent or work experience that demonstrates high quality research, writing, and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Digital skills and knowledge of social media
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Enthusiasm, flexibility, and ability to manage competing priorities
- Ability to represent the organisation to high level individuals
- Willingness to undertake routine admin tasks
- Experience in campaigning, events or communications (paid or voluntary)
- Design skills
Terms and Conditions
- Salary £24000 plus annual bonus
- Contract: Permanent Full-Time
- Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday
- Location: London (we work flexibly with at least 2-3 days per week together in the office, with the rest from home)
- Start date: ASAP
Please send the following 2 documents to: email@example.com
- Cover letter detailing how you meet the skills and experience requirements outlined in the job description
The deadline for applications is 5pm BST 27th June. Late applications will not be considered. First round interviews will be held (online) on 1st July.
Future Advocacy is committed to equal opportunities. We welcome applications from individuals regardless of their race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, age, gender, or disability. We particularly encourage applications from members of groups that are currently under-represented in our organisation, including Black, Asian and minority ethnic people.
We are happy to discuss flexible working and other adjustments on a case by case basis.