Acclaro Advisory is a specialist sustainability consultancy that provides organisations with a range of environmental and social sustainable business solutions. We have a network of clients ranging from small and medium sized companies to multinational corporations, to government bodies and NGOs. We specialise in four key topics of sustainability: Energy management, Zero carbon business strategy, Responsible business management and Social Value creation.
Acclaro is an agile small business in a fast-moving environment and set to expand rapidly. We work in partnership with our clients and advise them on the strategic direction that they should take to allow them to not only comply with environmental and social regulations, but to go beyond and help build a sustainable future, giving them competitive advantage and leadership status.
We are based in our Wokingham office but offer the freedom to combine remote independent working with office-based collaboration and teamwork. Hard work is rewarded to motivated individuals with fast career progression, client contact and industry exposure. Employees can learn from our specialist team of consultants with a wealth of experience in the industry.
Acclaro prides itself on creating long lasting relationships with clients and delivering excellence in our work. We expect the candidate to live up to the company values and adopt the culture of the workplace. To show us that you have understood this requirement, please list Acclaro’s company values (found on our website) in your email containing your cover letter and CV.
We are seeking graduates to join the team in full-time roles to work on several client projects. Key tasks will involve research, data analysis, preparing presentations and report content, and supporting the project managers and project directors to allow them to deliver work on time to a high standard. Recent graduates with bachelors degrees are likely to be offered roles as Researchers; postgraduate candidates or those with some industry experience will typically join as an Analyst. This is a rough guide and offers will be based on individual skills, experience and aptitude.
We are looking for hardworking and enthusiastic individuals driven to work within the sustainability industry. The individuals will be pushed into a steep learning curve and need to be quick learners with the personal motivation to achieve targets. They will be introduced to projects that involve greenhouse gas inventories, energy management in buildings, biodiversity audits, corporate sustainability reporting, strategy development and more. The individuals should have experience of working with large quantities of data and being able to synthesise and interpret data into meaningful and material conclusions. They should have attention to detail and be able to deliver work to a high standard, whilst coping with the pressure of tight deadlines. We are looking for outward looking personalities who (in time) will be comfortable building up a professional network that will build the Acclaro client base. They will also have a ‘muck in’ mentality in a small business environment where we all have responsibility to keep the business running in good shape.
- Undertake research, data analysis, and a range of tasks that will support project managers/directors for client sustainability projects.
- Work with consultants on the development of new service offers for the company.
- Create presentations and reports
- Prepare submissions for reporting frameworks such as GRI and CDP
- Muck in to help the company with a can-do attitude. As a small business we want do-ers who are happy to pitch in with the general upkeep of a business when required.
- The successful candidates will have the following:
- Intermediate to advanced spreadsheet capabilities and ability to learn new technology platforms
- Education to degree level in an environmental science discipline
- An understanding of popular methodologies for measuring and reporting carbon and a research-oriented approach to developing these skills
- An understanding of corporate sustainability reporting
- An understanding of corporate environmental impact (understanding of corporate social impact also a bonus)
- Excellent English oral and written skills
- A mentality of getting something fixed if it needs fixing
- The right to work in the UK
- £20,000 per annum Researcher/£24,000 per annum Analyst
- 23 days annual leave
- Permanent full-time contract.
Please send your CV with a short covering letter/ that shows your passion and suitability for the job based on what you have read in this ad.