If you’re a results-driven worker with a strong eye for business, then there’s no better experience than an industrial placement with the Retail Commercial team at L'Oréal. We give you the responsibility you need to thrive and make a real difference during your time here.
As the employer of 1000s of Beauty Advisors across the country, our Retail Commercial Teams are in charge of ensuring they are driving results and operating effectively. This role sits within our Luxury division and will give you an amazing insight into team collaborations.
Working in our Luxury Division, you will be ensuring that our most prestige brands at L’Oreal are maintaining their reputation by supporting the beauty advisors on counter.
As the face of L’Oréal to our retailers, good communication is key! You will also use this skill to work closely with numerous other teams within L’Oréal such as Marketing, Supply Chain and Finance, further broadening your experience with us.
Day-to-day you may be...
- Manage the relationships between Agencies and L’Oréal, and foster relationships to deliver positive business outcomes.
- Be a Luxe Brand ambassador.
- Manage Internal brand accounts with Be Luxe.
- Manage Communication Channels for Be Luxe.
- To support the development and launch of engagement and learning digital applications to deliver positive business outcomes.
- Management of building retail project finance budgets, tracking and control of budgets on projects.
In order to be successful in this role you will have:
- A strong analytic background and the ability to study and interpret complex information to drive business decisions and highlight opportunities for growth
- Confident in using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong organisational skills and ability to prioritise effectively
- Actively seek innovative business solutions and suggest new ideas
- Proactive individual, able to self-manage projects, adjust priorities and work under pressure
- Showcase a high level of autonomy to support your customers
- Promote a customer-centric attitude and ensure that you can balance and compliment the needs of the business with that of your accounts.
- Eligible to work in the UK
- In your second year at University on a course which enables you to take an Industrial Placement Year (unfortunately if you are graduated you are not eligible).
At L’Oréal, we take pride in creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and their contributions are valued. When we recruit, hire, train, promote or engage in any other employment practice, we are committed to being an inclusive employer regardless of race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, socioeconomic status, medical condition or disability, or any other protected status. When we look for talent, we welcome difference - different backgrounds, experiences, personalities and perspectives. The beauty we find in our differences gives us the freedom to go beyond. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal.
Once you click apply you will be asked some questions to check you are eligible for this role. These will questions around your current situation, whether you’re happy with the salary, location etc.
If you are eligible to apply you will then be sent a link via email to a Competency Assessment. In this we would like you to answer three competency questions, two written and one via video. Although there is no time limit on this the quicker you get it finished the quicker we can continue to move you through the process! The video element of the assessment is translated into a text and scored, so please don’t worry what you look like, just worry about what you’re saying!
If you have met our benchmark we will then send you some cognitive tests to complete. These will be sent via an email link and will give us a great idea on your numerical ability as well as testing you in a few other areas. Remember practise makes perfect so make sure you’re prepared when you give these a go!
We will then do a final review of your entire application and if successful, invite you to an Assessment Centre. Please be patient with us, sometimes it can take a few weeks before your application gets reviewed.
Our Assessment Centres this year will all be completely virtual; they will be running from when applications open until the roles are filled. These Assessment Centres are specific to function, so please be patient if you don’t get invited straight away – it might just be because your function’s Assessment Centre date isn’t until later on in the recruitment period!
Please note, if you apply for more than one role you will be put forward for the one we deem most suitable for you. If you have a strong preference, please only apply to that one role to ensure you are considered for the correct role.