£30,000 - £35,000
Say hello to the NDA group graduate programme
We’re the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) group, delivering one of the world’s most important environmental programmes to decommission the UK’s earliest nuclear facilities.
Our group is responsible for 17 nuclear sites in all parts of the UK, together with specialist nuclear waste and international transport businesses. And our work is growing, with more facilities joining us to be decommissioned in the next decade.
Sustainability, safety, and security are at the heart of our long-term mission to prepare our sites for their next use, work which spans into the next century.
As an NDA group graduate, you’ll get the opportunity to make a meaningful contribution towards the delivery of our nationally important mission. During our two-year graduate programme, you’ll take part in three placements in different parts of the NDA group. You’ll start with a 12-month placement, before completing two six-month opportunities. In exchange for your contribution, you’ll be supported at the end of the programme to secure a role in the NDA group.
We have a number of Risk and Assurance graduate opportunities within Nuclear Decommissioning Authority, part of NDA group, for the initial 12-month secondment. Initially based in West Cumbria or Warrington.
Risk management in the NDA group is an essential part of governance and leadership, enabling informed decision making and achieving our mission of decommissioning the UK’s earliest nuclear sites safely, securely and cost-effectively.
The NDA group embeds proactive risk management into its culture and into the behaviour of all people involved in the management, operation and development of the NDA group. An enterprise approach to risk management considers all sources of risk (threat and opportunity) and value enhancement across the whole organisation, including in relation to third parties (e.g. businesses and suppliers).
The NDA Risk Management function provides support, guidance, oversight and challenge to the group to ensure that the established risk management framework is well embedded and maintained.
- NDA group wide networking across key functions, gaining exposure to threats and opportunities faced
- Develop risk, project and assurance skills and techniques
- Support the Risk Management function with risk maturity enhancing projects
This secondment offers graduates the opportunity to gain experience supporting risk management within a project at various points through its lifecycle, or a programme as it delivers its benefits. You could be supporting key business functions in understanding and escalating risk through governance for decision making, and providing assurance to the board that the mission is on track.
Your work could include data interrogation, project planning or facilitating risk workshops to support management of risks on a project or in business operations. You will participate in identifying potential risks and maintaining current risk registers, assisting in risk reviews, ensuring appropriate mitigating plans are in place which are tracked to ensure risks are managed, liaising with the team and supporting risk managers.
Throughout your two-year journey on the NDA group graduate programme you will be employed by Energus whilst being supported by an industry leading sponsoring organisation.
At the end of your two-year programme, you will be supported in securing a role with the NDA group.
- A minimum of a 2:2 in a relevant degree subject, achieved within the last 5 years
- Have the full right to work in the UK by the commencement of your employment and for the duration of it
- Successful completion of security clearance checks
- Applicants must be willing and able to travel and relocate. Energus head office is based in Workington, Cumbria, however role locations will vary dependent on sponsor location.
Start date: September 2024
The recruitment and selection process consists of the following stages:
- Online application form - please complete all required sections of the application to ensure this is submitted successfully.
- Online assessments & videos - throughout your recruitment journey you will be invited to complete online assessments which may contain video elements.
- Assessment centre – these will be delivered face to face and will involve various activities, alongside insightful information around the nuclear industry and our programme.
- Offer - following our assessment centres, we aim to issue outcomes within two weeks. Successful candidates will begin their exciting journey as a NDA group graduate, working with our dedicated Energus People & Skills team to complete security paperwork ahead of starting the programme in September 2024.
- Onboarding - we welcome all our graduates ahead of the start date, through social media groups and welcome sessions, ensuring you are prepared, and any support required is in place, providing you with the best start to your exciting future as a NDA group graduate.
Face-to-face assessment centres will take place week commencing 3rd March 2024. If you are invited to an assessment centre and unable to attend, unfortunately you may be unable to complete the selection process.
We encourage you to regularly check emails (including any junk mail/spam folders) throughout the selection process, all correspondence including selection invitation will be sent via email.
Closing Date: Sunday 14th January - Any applications received after this date will not be considered. NDA group graduate roles will be closed when maximum application numbers are reached. We encourage that you apply at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment. Please note only one NDA group graduate application is required, please do not submit multiple applications.
- Salary £30,000 per year
- £5,500 individual travel budget
- £3,500 flexible individual training budget
- £9,900 core training & development
- Access to three secondments to give you experience across the breadth of the UK nuclear sector
- A dedicated team of experts to support your development and progress throughout your time on the programme
- A sponsor company lead to provide you with day-to-day support during your programme and with your secondments
- A dedicated mentor, assigned to you upon starting the programme who will stay with you throughout your NDA group graduate journey
- A comprehensive, tailored programme of professional development
- The support of a dedicated NDA group graduate programme team throughout the two years of your graduate programme. As Mental Health First Aiders the team are fully equipped to assist you through your NDA group graduate journey
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- 6 discretionary days leave for study and relocation
- Energus contributory pension scheme
- Energus Employee Assistance Programme and DigiCare+
- EnergUS Extras, providing in-house news, wellbeing resources and employee discounts
- Membership of up to 2 professional institutions
- Access to an independent Employee Assistance Programme service offering a 24/7 support line
- Opportunity to participate in our Cycle2Work Scheme
Energus is a member of the disability confident scheme. When requested we will endeavour to make reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process and we guarantee to interview all candidates who have a disability who meet all of the essential criteria for the vacancy. In cases where we have a high volume of candidates who have a disability who meet all of the essential criteria, we will interview the best candidates from within that group.
£30,000 - £35,000