About the programme
We’ve secured some of the most extraordinary engineering projects throughout the UK. On this exciting programme, you’ll continue our ongoing success by providing risk management support to new bids and existing contracts.
Risk Management at Babcock
Your placement could take you to any part of our business. You will be given the opportunity to work alongside experienced Risk Managers and Project Controls Managers to embed, integrate and deliver comprehensive Risk Management services. You will also be asked to provide support to bids for new work.
Over the course of this two-year graduate programme, you will learn risk identification, assessment & review techniques, and the fundamentals of risk modelling.
What you'll need
- An Undergraduate (Hons) or Post Graduate degree in Risk Management or another relevant subject.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office packages, particularly Excel, is desirable.
- A proactive attitude – we can teach you the theory, but your personal skills and dedication will help you make the most out of this opportunity.
- Our work spans a number of UK and international contracts, and within our Aviation Sector multi-lingual skills and a willingness to undertake international placements are hugely valuable to us – please highlight these within your CV and application form
- Many of our early career roles are subject to security clearance and Trade Control restrictions which mean that your place of birth, nationality, citizenship, or residency you hold or have held may impact which roles you are eligible for. For our early careers roles, you must be able to achieve BPSS and many of them require you to be eligible for Security Clearance.
What you'll get
We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career.
- Minimum 25 days holiday entitlements + bank holidays + agile working* subject to conversation with your manager
- Generous pension and employee share schemes
- Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts
- Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
- You’ll also have the chance to get involved in our STEM outreach and volunteering activities, which our graduates find incredibly rewarding in all sorts of other ways.
Your career development
It’s hard to beat the variety of fantastic opportunities and business experiences you’ll receive. You can expect real world encounters and exposure to exciting projects that will really help you navigate where you want to take your career.
Plus, when you join us, you’ll be automatically enrolled onto our Graduate Development Programme. Through a series of digital and face to face sessions, presented by wellbeing and performance experts and our external partner Gen Healthy Minds, we will equip you with the knowledge and tools you need to thrive and perform at your very best on your programme and beyond.