Tech talents in demand
You've always had a strong interest in IT and went on to study informatics, engineering, digital sciences, mathematics or similar. As a result, so many options are now available to you! But how do you know which path is right for you?
Helping others is our purpose
The digitalisation of healthcare has created a direct link between information technology and patients. In the Roche Start IT programme, you can explore all corners of the field – maybe even surprising yourself with new interests – while making a difference to people’s lives.
Your passion can make an impact.
What is Start IT?
Start IT is a programme for early-in-career talents that provides an entry gate into a company with global impact. The following bullets provide information about the structure of the programme, what's in it for you and what we expect from you as an applicant.
- Duration: 18 months
- Position based at a Roche IT site (Europe, North America or Asia. Accommodation support is provided once location is selected for you.)
- Position includes at least one international rotation to another Roche site
- Rotation tailored to your talents, areas of interest and development needs
- Real work experience and project responsibilities
- Exposure to various IT functions across Roche with hands-on experience
- Professional and personal development – including mentoring and coaching
- Experience and contributions within an innovative, corporate IT environment
- Competitive compensation package
Who you are
You are someone who wants to influence their own development. You are looking for a company where you have the opportunity to accelerate your IT career by taking on assignments across different functions and geographies. You are someone who is looking for a job opportunity where you can really make a difference.
As an ideal candidate, you fulfil all of the requirements below:
- You have an excellent academic background and recently graduated with a strong focus on information technology or similar
- You are a strong team player with an understanding of the importance of innovation, transformation, digitalisation and business partnering
- You are task orientated with first project experience
- You have strong technical, quantitative and analytical skills
- You have excellent communication skills with a multicultural mindset
- You are a quick learner and passionate about continually adapting your skills and knowledge
- You are fluent in English; an additional language would be an asset
Outcome and prospects
- Enhanced knowledge of the Roche Pharmaceuticals and Diagnostics business and its product portfolio
- Exposure to IT core processes as well as our Pharma and/or Diagnostics R&D, Commercial and Corporate Functions business
- Global experience and cross-cultural understandings
- Extensive global people network
- Advanced readiness for global IT roles in a corporate environment
Support and guidance for next career step within Roche Informatics.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!