Who we are
Roche Diagnostics manufactures and supplies the industry’s broadest range of diagnostic tests. Our pioneering technologies and solutions not only help ensure an accurate diagnosis, they can detect the risk of disease, predict how a disease may progress, and enable the right treatment decision at the outset. Through our successful collaboration with hospitals, clinical laboratories and GP surgeries, we provide fast and reliable results that are needed to make life-changing decisions.
Based at a state of the art site in Burgess Hill (15 minutes by train from Brighton), Roche Diagnostics has opportunities for four undergraduates or graduates to join our marketing team, starting July 2020 for a 12-month period. These positions will support product marketing teams working across specific portfolios and services.
At Roche Diagnostics, employees have more than just a job, they are part of a global vibrant community with a shared purpose: doing now what patients need next.
Our continued success depends on attracting and maintaining highly skilled people committed to making a positive difference to the lives of people around the world. We offer employees opportunities to develop their full potential and a rewarding work environment that supports innovation, creativity and diversity. An internship at Roche is an exciting way to start your career in marketing. The placement introduces you to all aspects of marketing, from events, design and PR to digital campaigns and social media.
These are excellent opportunities for Business Management, Digital /Marketing, Life Sciences, Medical / Biomedical Science or Molecular Biology undergraduates/graduates seeking either a 12-month placement for their degree or experience in their first role post graduation.
Reporting to a senior member of the marketing team, each position will involve building a deeper understanding of our market and hands on delivery of innovative marketing campaigns to support our business. The internship gives you the opportunity to immerse yourself in the aspects of the professional that interest you most and develop skills across a variety of projects and products. You will have the opportunity to offer new ideas and contribute towards driving improvement in healthcare across the UK and Ireland.
Key Activities include:
- Participating in marketing planning and implementing marketing tactics
- Creating and managing marketing campaigns using digital marketing software to monitor customer engagement
- Developing engaging internal and external creative content
- Managing day-to-day relationships with various creative agencies and third parties
- Monitoring of brand compliance to conform to Roche brand guidelines
- Supporting new product launches
- Conducting market research to support business decisions
- Monitoring competitor activities, liaising with Global colleagues and providing early warning and insight into competitor actions in the marketplace
- Supporting the logistics and attendance of customer meetings and events
- Co-leading on small internal events and campaigns
- Evaluating the success of marketing activities based on defined key performance indicators and make recommendations for future improvements
Who you are
We are looking for flexible, hardworking and highly motivated individuals with an inquiring mind, who are always asking questions and thinking ahead to the next question that needs answering.
To be successful in this position you must be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and presentation)
- Copywriting experience; English as mother tongue standard
- Excellent presentation and organisational skills
- Competence in Microsoft Office suite software
- Great digital skills
- Good time management skills and ability to work to tight deadlines
You will have the ability to develop effective working relationships with a wide range of colleagues and external partners. As an undergraduate/graduate in Business Management, Marketing, Life Sciences, Medical / Biomedical Science or Molecular Biology you will be able to work independently and within a team, whilst always maintaining your drive and enthusiasm with a high level of personal responsibility. This internship will provide you with a broad experience and will prepare you for careers in Marketing, Sales, Product and Market Management.
Healthcare is personal and it’s about YOU as an individual in your application that will make the difference.
Investing in you
Roche is a company that not only invests in its business – over £6.5 billion in R&D worldwide, including £460 million in the UK alone last year – but equally importantly in its people.
Roche has gained 2019 Top Employer status in the UK and Europe.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!