The Roffe Swayne Tax team requires a general assistant to support from both an administration and technical perspective. Your placement will involve assisting with market and technical research and analysis for inclusion into client reports as well as internal administrative and regulatory compliance tasks.
What you can expect
Your work will is to be split approximately equally between administration and technical/research work.
- Undertaking regulatory compliance procedures associated with new and existing engagements
- Invoicing and reviewing work in progress
- Taking minutes in Tax team meetings
- General administrative tasks such as printing, photocopying, filing and document formatting
- Support for the tax investigations service including handling invoicing, queries and claims
- Assisting in preparation of tax returns for individuals and companies
Research and technical:
- Undertaking research into markets and changes in legislation using publicly available and subscription databases
- Using Microsoft PowerPoint and Word to present research findings for marketing to clients and contacts
- Using Microsoft Excel to input and analyse accounting data and to prepare tables to be included in reports
- Proof reading reports for errors/inconsistencies
- Assisting in the preparation of reports
What you’ll need / Requirements and qualifications
You should preferably be educated to degree level in any discipline and interested in accounting and tax as a vocation. We will also consider candidates taking a year out from a relevant degree course.
You will also have specific IT skills that will complement the existing team, preferably in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint. We also look for candidates that are well organised, confident and with good attention to detail.
It is anticipated that the role will last for 12 months and for the right candidate the opportunity may exist to be considered for a training contract at the end of the placement.
Application is via our online application form by 28th February 2021. However, please note that we continually review applications and therefore it is suggested you apply early to avoid disappointment.
Please note: Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to individual applicants. Therefore, if you do not hear back from us within 10 working days then please assume you application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!