That’s the deal
Are you looking to kick-start your career at a business where you can really make an impact? Are you searching for a job which gives you the chance to juggle around numbers?
Are you willing to work on highly quantitative topics?
Then welcome to the Finance Graduate Programme of the entire RWE group! With us, you will work in various financial functions, building up your knowledge whilst gaining extensive insights into the Finance world of the whole of RWE. We will give you the ideal foundation to flourish whilst you work alongside experienced industry experts, growing and thriving as a young professional.
Without Finance functions, we wouldn’t be at the forefront of the energy industry. Without Finance functions our RWE Renewables business wouldn’t be the second largest player in offshore wind power in the world. Our RWE Generation & Power business wouldn’t be able to produce power for millions of people and our RWE Supply & Trading business wouldn’t be able to trade in new areas across the globe. The Finance function is critical to the whole RWE business driving efficiencies and innovation and is planned to significantly increase size over the next 2 years, providing many exciting opportunities.
If you are passionate about the energy industry and Finance in particular, have the ambition to learn and grow at a company which is dynamic and full of change, then the RWE Finance Graduate Programme could be the ideal opportunity for you. We look for the following:
- You have a university degree above average either in Business Administration, Economics, Engineering, Maths, Statistics or a comparable discipline (ideally with focus on Controlling, Finance or Accounting)
- You have strong analytical skills
- You can work independently carrying your own responsibility and are highly motivated and pro-active.
- You are able to engage with stakeholders clearly and coherently and your English language skills are fluent.
- You have the ability to learn quickly and take accountability
- You are resilient and hardworking
- Ideally you have knowledge of IFRS/IAS as well as HGB
- You have strong team-working skills
- Advantageous, but not a must:
- German skills
- Relevant work experience
The Finance Graduate Programme is a RWE group-wide programme within the Finance areas including the Risk Management functions. With the option to rotate into a wide range of exciting and stimulating areas, all our graduates carry out diverse and meaningful work throughout the programme. For each rotation, you will have defined targets where you can measure your success and ensure that you are always performing to your full capability.
The programme is 2 years in duration and will see you carry out at least 4 rotations of up to 6 months each. You will have a graduate advisor who supports you throughout the entire programme and will be given the chance to choose your own rotations. You can opt from any area of our business such as:
- Risk Management
- Planning & Reporting
- Profitability Calculation
- Portfolio Management
- Investor Relations
- ... new placements to choose from are added every year
We provide you with a platform, but you can shape your own career path based on your skills and interest. No matter which rotations you choose, you will be given the skills and knowledge to succeed during your time on the graduate programme and beyond. Our graduates will be offered various development opportunities including networking events where you will get exposure to senior managers and the board members.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!