We’ve been helping clients plan and invest for their futures for over 50 years. From more than 25 locations around the world, we provide investment services and retirement expertise to everyone from central banks to private individuals.
We’re known for acting with integrity and thinking for the long-term. And across our organisation, we foster a welcoming, caring and inclusive culture where people feel respected, trusted and able to be themselves.
The Team you’ll join:
Our Sales and Marketing teams are essential to the continued growth and success of our business. From developing new investment products and solutions and telling our clients about them, to bringing in new business and managing client relationships to help them choose the right products; it’s an exciting and varied department to work in.
The primary goal for each of these teams is to ensure clients get the best from Fidelity and we’re proud to help our clients achieve their financial goals.
You could join us as an intern in any of the teams below:
- UK Institutional: is responsible for around 160 clients with current assets of nearly $10bn. Clients are predominantly UK pension schemes, but also include insurance, charities and high net worth individuals (HNWIs) as well as several Irish pension schemes. Clients are invested in a broad suite of investment solutions across asset classes. These capabilities allow them to manage segregated client accounts, tailored to the individual needs of institutional investors, as well as pooled vehicles.
- UK Wholesale: is a fast and enthusiastic team at the forefront of client interaction in the UK focused on selling Fidelity funds and services via intermediated sources (financial advisers, wealth managers, insurance companies etc.) in the UK market.
- Marketing: is responsible for helping the business to better understand our clients, potential clients and the wider competitive market context that our businesses operate in.
What you’ll be doing:
We don’t expect you to come straight in and know everything about what we do.
As an intern, and whatever you’re studying, we’ll help make sure you get the most out of your time with us. Fidelity is a fantastic place to learn, innovate and grow. There are expert colleagues around the world to learn from and share ideas with.
On our 10- week programme, you could work alongside the sales team to understand the clients and their needs ensuring they get the best from Fidelity.
You’ll assist with the sales planning process, facilitating and leading on projects, relating to specific client or sales initiatives, that drive efficiencies, propel the sales team and contribute to overall business growth.
You’ll also develop your sales analysis skills and learn how this successful sales function operates whilst ensuring high quality client servicing.
You could work alongside the marketing team to conduct research and analysis into the wider competitive landscape
You’ll help to build understanding and awareness of our competitors and what they’re doing and develop insights on our own customer base, linking with other research and analysis
Over the course of your internship there will be opportunities for you to develop your investment knowledge, gain broad experience of your assigned team and the broader fidelity business.
The difference you’ll make:
You’ll contribute to positive, meaningful work that make a difference to our clients. You’ll help them invest and plan for the futures they want. You’ll provide invaluable support to your team, too.
How you’ll be supported:
You’ll start with a welcome and an orientation, where you’ll meet your fellow interns and find out all about us and our work. Once the programme begins, you’ll learn every day – from the experts around you and through tackling real projects. Our focus will be on supporting you to gain experience and discover what kind of future you could build in our industry.
Support is part of our culture, so you’ll have a buddy and a mentor to help you whenever you need. And you’ll join a close-knit early careers community, with plenty of social and networking events to help you find your feet and feel at home.
What we look for:
It’s who you are that matters here, rather than what you studied.
We look for interns who are analytical, eager to learn and ready to take on a challenge. A genuine curiosity and eagerness to learn about investment is vital, as is a lively interest in our work and our industry. Creative thinking and attention to detail are important too.
And, as we’re an international organisation, we’ll need you to speak English.
We’ll also need you to:
- be graduating in 2025 (Bachelor’s or Master’s degree)
- have the right to work in the UK at point of application
Our clients come from all walks of life and so do we. We are proud of our inclusive culture and encourage applications from the widest mix of talent, whatever your age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, social background and more.
London, EC4M 5AB or Kingswood, Surrey