Are you looking for a 12 month placement for 2020/21? Do you want real responsibility with the chance to influence household name coffee brands including Tassimo, Kenco, L'Or and Jacobs?
A Global Fast Moving Consumer Goods Company (FMCG) is looking for year-in-industry students from all degree backgrounds to join their diverse, global team of over 15,000 coffee champions, on 9 different 12-month placements across all areas of their business.
Who is the company?
- They are a €5 billion global business with around 15,000 associates based in 28 different countries, selling their brands in over 100 different countries around the world.
- Formed in 2015, they have retained a start-up feel containing some of the leading brands in the Coffee and Tea industry including – Kenco, L’OR, Tassimo and Douwe Egberts to name a few.
- The firm is headquartered in Banbury, Oxfordshire, which is one of the global ‘Power Plants’ responsible for producing 20,000 tonnes of coffee per year across 9 production lines.
- The UK represents a top 5 global market and continues to be a growth engine for the category, driving premiumisation by leading the single-serve partition with the Tassimo brand and premiumising the instant coffee segment through Kenco, L’OR and the Douwe Egberts brands.
- Their goal is simple but ambitious - a coffee for every cup.
“Everyone deserves the coffee they love.”
What are the placements?
- HR: There are 2 placements within HR: Talent manager - managing the firm's early years recruitment. Human Resources - working with the manufacturing HR team, updating policies and day to day admin handling
- R&D: Working across Category, Ingredients Research, Food science, Analytical Chemistry or process development, you’ll contribute to the improvement of world-renowned coffee
- Manufacturing Operations: Working across either Process Development or Continuous Improvement, you’ll be involved in plant optimisation and design
- Marketing: The marketing placement will be involved in brand performance, local marketing campaign execution, in-store activation and marketing budget management
- IT: Working in either retail or manufacturing, you will be working on system or production issues, supporting IT operations or maintaining the delivery of web systems
- Finance: The finance placement is either in commercial or manufacturing, and will see you dealing with accounts for the whole business, drafting profit and loss statements and much more
- Planning: Within planning, you will work closely with the manufacturing and logistics team, ensuring the smooth planning of materials in and out of the factory to then deliver to those customer requirements
- Corporate Communications: You will be the first point of contact for all of the UK corporate communications and public relations
- Commercial: Within Category, Shopper Marketing, National Accounts retail or eCommerce, you will be responsible for various sales-related projects including supermarkets, wholesalers, convenience and discounters
Why should you apply?
- Travel: They provide awesome opportunities to travel. Last year around half the placement students travelled abroad.
- Fantastic perks: 25 days holiday, free hot beverages (not just coffee!) and even Barista training!
- Student Charity Committee: Every Friday all the placement students get together for a fun charity meeting. Last year their charity work raised over £18,000 in total.
- Culture: The firm have a friendly, hands-on environment where everyone is encouraged to contribute and all opinions are valued. There is also a strong mentoring programme and you will be periodically reporting to senior business stakeholders and interacting with other placement students.
- Corporate Social Responsibility: From sourcing ingredients responsibly with internationally recognised standards, to partnering directly with suppliers to improve working conditions and protect natural resources, and aiming to make all manufacturing sites landfill free by 2020 - they are driven by their passion for coffee & tea, care for people and respect for the environment.
Who is best suited to this role?
- We are looking for all degrees for these placements - please click the link to see which placements you are eligible to apply for
- We are looking bright and enthusiastic students who can work well in a team and are willing to get stuck in.
- You must be an undergraduate looking for a 12-month Year in Industry placement from July 2020 to July 2021.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!