Are you looking for a 12-month placement for 2021/22? Do you want real responsibility with the chance to influence the composition and production of household name coffee brands including Tassimo, Kenco and L'Or?
Who is the company?
- A €5 billion global business with around 15,000 associates based in 28 different countries, selling their brands in over 100 different countries around the world.
- Formed in 2015, the firm retains a start-up feel containing some of the leading brands in the Coffee and Tea industry including – Kenco, L’OR, Tassimo and Douwe Egberts to name a few.
- Their UK is headquartered in Banbury, Oxfordshire, which is one of their global ‘Power Plants’ responsible for producing 20,000 tonnes of coffee per year across 9 production lines.
- The UK represents a top 5 global market for the firm and continues to be a growth engine for the category, driving premiumisation by leading the single-serve partition with the Tassimo brand and premiumising the instant coffee segment through Kenco, L’OR and the Douwe Egberts brands.
- They believe amazing things can happen over a cup of coffee and with values including Entrepreneurship, Solidarity, Accountability, Simplicity and Discipline, working there offers you an exciting opportunity to make an impact in the world’s largest pure-play coffee company.
- Their goal is simple but ambitious - a coffee for every cup.
Which role is right for me?
Role: R&D, Instant and Mixes Product Dev
Day-to-day: As an intern in the Instant portfolio development team, you will be working within the team with a focus on delivering your own student project(s), supporting fast-paced product development projects and playing a key role to support team members.
Role: R&D, Tassimo Single Serve
Day-to-day: Within this internship, you will have the opportunity to work with the products of the most well-known coffee brands in the world – Tassimo. Tassimo is our proprietary single-serve multi drink system, established in the market for over 15 years, and is one of their largest global brands.
Role: R&D, Dairy Ingredients
The role is primarily to determine and investigate product or process solutions within the field of Coffee and/or Dairy. This role supports programmes that deliver understanding to unlock end to end value, co-create and enable new consumer experiences and protect future processing potential, delivering business growth or cost savings.
Role: R&D, Sensory Method Development and Validation
Day-to-day: As Consumer Science is a cross-functional team, this role will offer the opportunity to support project work across many different categories utilizing many of the sensory tools (i.e. Discrimination, Descriptive, Qualitative Napping). You will generally collaborate with the CS category lead and product development partners to produce actionable results.
Who is best suited to these roles?
- We are looking for bright and enthusiastic students who can work well in a team and are willing to get stuck in.
- You must be an undergraduate looking for a 12-month Year in Industry placement from July 2021 to July 2022.
Why should you apply?
- Travel: They provide awesome opportunities to travel. Last year around half the placement students travelled abroad.
- Fantastic perks: 25 days holiday, free hot beverages (not just coffee!) and even Barista training!
- Student Charity Committee: Every Friday all the placement students get together for a fun charity meeting. Last year their charity work raised over £30,000 in total.
- Culture: They have a friendly, hands-on environment where everyone is encouraged to contribute, and all opinions are valued. There is also a strong mentoring programme and you will be periodically reporting to senior business stakeholders and interacting with other placement students.
- Corporate Social Responsibility: From sourcing ingredients responsibly with internationally recognised standards, to partnering directly with suppliers to improve working conditions and protect natural resources, and aim to make all manufacturing sites landfill-free by 2020.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!