Are you looking for a 12-month HR placement for 2021/22? Do you want real responsibility with the chance to influence the composition and production of household name coffee brands including Tassimo, Kenco, L'Or and many more?
Who is the company?
- A €5 billion global business with around 15,000 associates based in 28 different countries, selling their brands in over 100 different countries around the world.
- Formed in 2015, the firm retains a start-up feel containing some of the leading brands in the Coffee and Tea industry including – Kenco, L’OR, Tassimo and Douwe Egberts to name a few.
- Their UK is headquartered in Banbury, Oxfordshire, which is one of their global ‘Power Plants’ responsible for producing 20,000 tonnes of coffee per year across 9 production lines.
- The UK represents a top 5 global market for the firm and continues to be a growth engine for the category, driving premiumisation by leading the single-serve partition with the Tassimo brand and premiumising the instant coffee segment through Kenco, L’OR and the Douwe Egberts brands.
- They believe amazing things can happen over a cup of coffee and with values including Entrepreneurship, Solidarity, Accountability, Simplicity and Discipline, working there offers you an exciting opportunity to make an impact in the world’s largest pure-play coffee company.
- Their goal is simple but ambitious - a coffee for every cup.
What are the roles?
Role: Manufacturing, HR
Day-to-day: The HR Manufacturing Intern will get a general HR exposure to life in the Banbury Manufacturing Plant and be key to supporting employee communication, engagement and employee relations.
Role: Retail, HR Talent Intern
Day-to-day: Working across the four business units UK&I, the Talent Intern will help recruit, develop and engage employees through contributing to key HR work streams such as Talent Acquisition, Talent Management and Learning & Development.
Who is best suited to these roles?
- We are looking for bright and enthusiastic students who can work well in a team and are willing to get stuck in.
- You must be an undergraduate looking for a 12-month Year in Industry placement from July 2021 to July 2022.
Why should you apply?
- Travel: They provide awesome opportunities to travel. Last year around half the placement students travelled abroad.
- Fantastic perks: 25 days holiday, free hot beverages (not just coffee!) and even Barista training!
- Student Charity Committee: Every Friday all the placement students get together for a fun charity meeting. Last year their charity work raised over £30,000 in total.
- Culture: They have a friendly, hands-on environment where everyone is encouraged to contribute, and all opinions are valued. There is also a strong mentoring programme and you will be periodically reporting to senior business stakeholders and interacting with other placement students.
- Corporate Social Responsibility: From sourcing ingredients responsibly with internationally recognised standards, to partnering directly with suppliers to improve working conditions and protect natural resources, and aiming to make all manufacturing sites landfill-free by 2020.
One application will consider you for all roles and you will be able to decide which role you are interested in after you have submitted your application!
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!