Fantastic Summer internships with Global Asset Management firm- All Degrees Welcome!
Are you looking for an 8-week internship in central London with real responsibility from day one? Do you want an internship that allows you to see the inner workings of investment management? This firm is looking for entrepreneurial students to join their 2021 Internship Programmes.
Who is the company
This company is a truly global asset manager who manages over £500 billion on behalf of institutional investors, retail investors, financial institutions and high net worth clients from around the world.
The firm still retains its collaborative culture and family feel, and has a deep understanding of the needs of their stakeholders, delivering long-term growth and prioritising sustainable business
What are the internships
The role of this department is to help manage the company?s relationship with regulators, advise colleagues on regulatory requirements and monitor their compliance with regulations. Some day to day task may include:
- Analysing and communicating the impact of new regulation on the business
- Helping to monitor that their businesses are operating in a compliant way either by looking at themes or by specific processes (such as trade surveillance)
- You will work closely with other teams across the Group, particularly those in investment functions and those in governance functions, such as Group Internal Audit and Group Legal.
During your internship, you will be assigned to one of the Product teams where you will have the opportunity to work on live projects and shadow senior executives. Some of the teams you could be placed into include Product Development, Market Intelligence, GAIA Product and Marketing.
During your internship, you will be assigned to a distribution team where you will have the opportunity to work on live projects and shadow leaders across the business. Some of your tasks may include:
- Researching a project to identify a new market opportunity for the business, and presenting the findings
- Working with a senior colleague to improve the way we pitch a product to our clients
- Helping them make better use of the data in their customer relationship management system
This Programme will provide you with a unique introduction into the investment management industry and how Distribution operates within it. Some of your tasks may include:
- Supporting the team on providing long-term investment strategy analysis for clients
- Supporting the team on constructing portfolios to deliver the risk management solution the client is seeking
- Working with the team on improving internal processes, e.g. client databases
- Preparing and giving presentations to members of the Solutions team, and to other internal stakeholders
Why should you apply?
These Programmes will provide you with a unique introduction to the investment management industry.
You'll be given introductory training and opportunities to network with people across the business.
Who is best suited to this internship
- Innovative and analytical ? you're able to think outside the box and bring a fresh perspective
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Willing to get involved in a variety of tasks and projects
- Passionate about financial markets and understanding global trends and changing regulation
- You are predicted a 2:1 honours degree or equivalent
What is the recruitment process like
- Online application form and CV
- Online assessments
- Video interview
- Assessment centre
You're welcome whatever your background, race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!