Whatever your background, if you’re a professional who’s great at building relationships, then you could become a Client Service Manager. This two-year programme offers you the chance to transfer your existing skills while learning new ones. Financial services experience isn’t necessary, just a curiosity about the world around you and a real passion for learning new things.
Who is the company?
- The company is a long established, partner-run and hugely successful Investment Management firm based in the heart of Edinburgh
- The company has over 100 years of experience and assets under management exceeding £200bn
- Their services that they provide to their clients, their determination to always look to the long term and their culture is what drives their success
- From pension schemes and charities to public funds and financial institutions, this firm always put the interests of their clients ahead of their own
- For them, it’s not about looking for candidates from a particular degree - instead, they look for inquisitive thinkers who are able to build rapport easily with clients and colleagues and who have a flexible attitude
What is the role?
As a Client Service Manager, you’ll build strong relationships with clients to get an in-depth understanding of their requirements, aiming to become a trusted long-term partner and adviser. Clients as varied as pension schemes, charities, public funds and financial institutions.
This two-year programme includes a comprehensive induction to the firm and the investment management industry, as well as full support to study for professional qualifications, such as the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or CISI Level 6 Fund Management module.
Throughout the two years you’ll receive on-going training, such as mock client meetings and practice pitches, as well as the opportunity to move between teams. From day one you’ll have a role and real responsibility, as you help us achieve our business goals while you continue to develop your career.
Why should you apply?
- The programme includes a comprehensive introduction to the firm to enable you to start building technical knowledge and to understand how to provide an excellent service to clients
- This 2-year programme offers you the chance to transfer your existing skills while learning new ones
- You will have the opportunity to rotate between teams giving you huge exposure to the entire clients department
- With real responsibility from day one, you will be helping the firm to achieve their business goals, whilst you continue to develop a successful and rewarding career
- IMC and CISI qualifications all fully funded and supported
- 31 days holiday a year (including bank holidays), discounted BUPA membership, Employee Assistance Programme, volunteering and charitable work policy, free coffee/tea and fruit, various clubs e.g. choir, running, touch rugby and yoga
Who is best suited to this role?
- You can be from ANY degree subject to apply for this programme
- There is a preference for those with a 2:1 in their degree
- Those who have completed a masters or PhD are particularly encouraged to apply, or those already in a role looking for a career change
- No matter what degree background you are from, if you’re a great relationship builder, then you could become a Client Service Manager
- Financial services experiences isn’t required - but you must be inquisitive, with a flexible nature and open to new ideas
- As the firm expands globally, language skills continue to be desirable
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!