Do you want to transform your society by driving change? Do you want to develop your resilience and leadership skills and protect vulnerable members of society? Do you want to care for your community by tackling crime? Our client is looking to hire final year students and graduates from all degree backgrounds to apply for their National Graduate Leadership Programme starting in July 2020…
This firm has a real commitment to diversity and students from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply!
Who is the company?
- This leading policing firm attract, recruit and train outstanding graduates with leadership potential to be inspirational police officers who transform communities
- They are an independent social enterprise, supported by the Home Office, and are an organisation that aims to bring about improvements in society rather than profits
- They work with over 30 forces throughout England and Wales to find outstanding police officers, selecting and recruiting highly competent graduates to play an important role in supporting the nation’s police in their efforts to increase the number of officers across England and Wales
- They believe that given the highest levels of support and freedom, police officers can contribute to changing lives
- Equipping participants with core policing skills, the two-year National Graduate Leadership Programme develops leadership, communication and problem-solving skills that will serve graduates, and the wider community, for a lifetime
Why should you become a neighbourhood police officer?
- Society needs talented neighbourhood police officers as diverse as the communities they serve In a fast-paced environment, you will make a positive impact on society by improving the lives of the most vulnerable
- Not only will you be a fully warranted and attested neighbourhood police officer, you will also be developing vital skills in negotiation, problem-solving and decision-making
- You will rapidly develop emotional intelligence, resilience and leadership skills
- Every day you will be preventing criminals targeting the vulnerable and you’ll contribute to the increase in the public’s confidence in policing
- Your journey will start prior to the Summer Academy by completing your core learning of legislation and ethics, which you will use throughout the six-week intensive training and beyond
- You will be allocated a Leadership Development Officer who will support your progression throughout the two years
- You will have regular opportunities to present the impact you have made in your community to policing colleagues and corporate partners
Why this firm?
- They recruit and train outstanding graduates, so they can help transform society as neighbourhood police officers
- They believe that policing is crucial in supporting some of the most vulnerable communities across England and Wales
- Not only do police officers tackle crime, they care for the communities; working with residents, stakeholders, charities and institutions to make a safe and thriving area to live and work in
- In order to achieve this, the police force must be diverse, in both thought and background to be reflective of the communities they serve
- 80% of the graduates on the two-year training programme remain in policing, but whatever you decide, the skills and experience you’ll develop through this unique experience are transferable to successful careers across the public and private sector.
Who is best suited to this role?
- You must be in your final year or have graduated in any degree subject
- We don’t require you to have any previous policing knowledge or experience, only a willingness to learn and make a difference
- If you want to be a leader who improves the lives of those around you, apply for the National Graduate Leadership Programme today and develop skills for life!
Applications are open for the following locations:
- Avon & Somerset Police, Bedfordshire Police, Cambridgeshire Constabulary, Essex Police, Hertfordshire Constabulary, Humberside Police, Greater Manchester Police, Lancashire Constabulary, Metropolitan Police Service, North Yorkshire Police, Northumbria Police, South Yorkshire Police, Staffordshire Police, Surrey Police, Sussex Police, West Mercia Police & West Midlands Police
**This year we have received a record number of applications for the 2020 National Graduate Leadership Programme. Places on the programme are filled on a first come, first served basis so throughout January many forces will be closed for applications. To have the best possible chance of securing your force of choice apply now!**
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!