Santander Consumer Finance is a leading consumer finance company operating in 15 European countries. We are part of Santander, one of the largest financial groups in the world and our success is down to our people. We recognise that as we help you develop your career you’ll be doing the same for our business.
If you have a desire to work in the financial industry, this opportunity could be for you.
We are located just outside of London, in Redhill, Surrey. The perfect location for anyone who wants to escape the busy London commute, but still work for a reputable company with a competitive remuneration package.
You will be based at our office in Redhill, Surrey and if successful, you will join in September 2021.
Santander Consumer’s Graduate Programme comprises of an 18-month rotation either within core business departments of risk, finance, marketing/sales, or experiencing what our operational areas have to offer. We have an opportunity for a graduate within each of the departments below:
- Operational departments which includes new business, customer services and collections
Your first month will be inducting you into our company, where you can meet people from across different departments, learning about the business; what we do and how the company works as a whole. This will include overviews with each department to have an immersive first-hand experience of each department’s core duties.
Following the successful completion of the 18-month programme, you will be offered a permanent position within the operational teams.
You will be able to choose a rotation in one of the following non-operational functions:
You will rotate within one of the above departments for a period of 6 weeks to 2 months to learn how your chosen area operates.
After your first year, you will be taking on a project within one of the areas. This will provide you with the opportunity to lead an innovative change within Santander Consumer.
Our Operational Graduate role offers a unique way into a management position within one of our operational departments.
You will spend 4 months in each of the below departments:
- New Business
- Customer Services
- Arrears Management
You will spend a 6-month period as a Team Leader within a call centre environment gaining invaluable people management skills and experiences in a live situation.
For more information on each opportunity, please click apply and look for the job opportunity you wish to apply for on our website.
What we are looking for
- Predicted to receive a 2:1 or higher in your degree
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral presentation skills
- Collaborative approach - team work delivers results for everyone
- Interested in the finance sector, specifically banking & consumer finance in an automotive industry
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines, with a keen eye for detail
- Able to learn and adapt – recognising changing trends and tackling the unexpected with enthusiasm
- Demonstrate innovation and are not afraid to bring new ideas to the company
What we can offer you in return
- Annual salary of £25,000
- 25 days holiday
- Quarterly performance-based bonus
- Health and wellbeing benefits and initiatives
- Opportunity to join our corporate social responsibility initiatives
- A wide range of benefits including retail, entertainment discounts and offers
- Themed conference to celebrate the end of the year!
Please ensure you provide a cover letter alongside your CV outlining your relevant skills and experience for the role and explaining why you wish to join our programme. Due to the anticipated high volume of applicants, we will not be accepting those who do not provide a covering letter.
If your application is progressed to the shortlist stage, you will be invited to an assessment centre in our Head Office in Redhill which will be held in March 2021 (Covid-19 dependent)
Please note, all applicants need to be eligible to work in the UK. If you do not meet this requirement, your application will not be considered.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!