As a Software Automation Engineer in Test, you will have an opportunity to develop and improve automated testing strategies of our state-of-the-art field development planning, simulator and reservoir engineering workflows. You will also be part of shaping the future of our products in a cloud environment while working in a multi-disciplinary team of software engineers and domain experts with the goal of continuous deployment.
- Develop automated tests to reduce manual verification on existing features, with the target of full automated test validation
- Maintain existing automated tests and automated builds for integration and staging environments
- Be part of the development team and work closely with software developers, project manager and product owner to define feature specification
- Apply different testing strategies to evaluate new feature delivery
- Write manual test cases targeting user workflows
- Record issues found on integration/staging environments and verify fixes
- Actively communicate/collaborate with other testers, developers and operation engineers to identify or verify issues
Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining a Bachelors, Masters or PhD in Computer Science (recent graduate with less than 2 years of experience).
Alternatively, Bachelors or Masters in any STEM Disciplines with 1 to 3 years programming experience.
- Knowledge about or experience with software architecture, coding or scripting languages.
- Knowledge of test automation builds and automate testing of key user workflows
- Familiarity with DevOps principles and practices relevant to web development
- Good understanding of Agile methodologies like Kanban / SCRUM
- A passion for science and engineering excellence and knowledge of test automation, agile project development, and bug and change management
- Able to collaborate with different teams across the programme to promote a Quality Culture
- Able to understand, modify and maintain different levels of automation test pyramid
- Knowledge about or Experience in using or developing open source test tools and test frameworks
- Knowledge about or Experience in testing of non-functionals e.g. performance, security
- Strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
Familiarity or experience with one or more of the following would be a plus:
- Experience in practices like pair programming, Test Driven Development (TDD), Behaviour-Driven Development (BDD), Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD)
- Demonstrate an external test community footprint through conferences and blog post
- Able to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Git source control
At our Abingdon Technology Centre, we develop software that enables oil and gas companies to make better decisions for reservoir development. Our software helps quantify reserves and distribution within the formation rocks and to predict changes over the life of the reservoirs. Schlumberger software portfolio spans all technologies from cloud and web-based applications to computationally intensive scientific modelling. Our people create professional software, developing in a dynamic environment and an exciting industry.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!