Digital Marketing and Design Assistant
This is an exciting 12-month placement based at the Headquarters of joint owned companies, Sekers Fabrics and Wemyss Weavecraft in Dundee. You will report to the Design Manager and Managing Directors, working on the creation and delivery of a strategic marketing plan for both companies, which will include managing the publicity surrounding the launch of new collections, organising the production of sample books and cards, and co-ordinating the requirements for photo shoots.
To conduct sales analysis and develop a strategic marketing plan in conjunction with our sales and design team across both brands, undertaking an audit of where we are now, envisage and plan where we want to be tomorrow and for the next 5 years. This will involve targeted marketing and specific market research. The marketing plan will be included in the company business plan for business improvement over the next 5 years. You will also be responsible for setting up the successful launch of new collections, ensuring samples are available by launch date, co-ordinating photo shoots and proofreading product and editorial copy to maintain brand style and accuracy
You will help us to better utilise digital opportunities to improve the reach of our brands and communicate effectively and accurately the capabilities of the companies. The project will also help to introduce the discipline of marketing into our business processes and our business model.
Based in Dundee at our company Headquarters, reporting to our Design Manager and Managing Directors, you will work alongside our design and procurement teams, interacting with our sales team and Area Managers. This is a key role in the strategic development of the companies, which recognise they must improve their performance in marketing and their ability to market and communicate its current strengths and capabilities more effectively, via all forms of social media.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Perform market research and sales analysis to produce a marketing strategy
- Plan a social media and marketing calendar
- Create engaging and interesting social media content that is relevant
- Analyse and report on website and social media activity using Google analytics, produce ideas and content for Search Engine Optimisation
- Work with Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Microsoft Office
- Update website with new products, write copy, liaise with outside sources to ensure timely upload of imagery for collection launch
- Send out e-shots using e-marketing platforms
- Produce ads, postcards and printed material, and literature for website and PR
- Create photographic content as required, manage imagery and maintain an effective image database
- Co-ordinate requirements for photo shoots
- Organise sample books and cards, ensure information is correct and communicated to suppliers
- Create Sample Book and Pattern Card Files
- Liaise with website and Pattern Book makers reference delivery deadlines
- Assist with design and product development
- Organise development testing as needed, maintain database of test results, ensure certificates ready for launch of new collections
- Monitor and update fire retardancy (FR) database
- Organise technical data sheets
- Quality check finished products to meet our high standards
A degree in marketing or a marketing related discipline would be ideal for the role.
Skills / Experience
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Microsoft Office
- Good communication skills
- Team Player, with a flexible attitude open to change
- Able to work to deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Well organised with good planning skills
- An interest in design and creativity
- Autonomous with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to travel (UK and overseas) in course of placement
- Social Media awareness and skills
- An affinity for textiles
- Ability to work in a small team
As part of your ScotGrad placement, you will be able to participate in a couple of training courses mainly online, and one classroom based. The courses are themed around environmental management and quality standards and will provide you with knowledge and skills which will enhance your current and future skills
ScotGrad placements also offer a unique opportunity to connect with a vast network of graduates and ScotGrad alumni. All graduates appointed through the programme are encouraged to make use of the ScotGrad LinkedIn group to communicate with other ScotGrad participants, learn about any professional development opportunities and build up a professional network.
As an internationally known and trusted brand, Sekers Fabrics have a proud history of supplying exclusive high quality contract furnishing fabrics to the Hospitality, Leisure and Marine markets worldwide for 80 years.
With a deep understanding of the durability and safety requirements of the contract market, Sekers provides stocked ranges of luxurious fabrics with a wide selection of beautiful textures, patterns and colours suitable for contract upholstery, curtains and soft furnishings.