We offer the world’s leading Discrete Element Method (DEM) simulation software supported by expert advice on deployment along with model calibration and engineering simulation services.
The EDEM Product Delivery team is looking for a talented graduate to focus on feature development, product quality and physics validation cases.
Companies use our simulation solutions to increase productivity, reduce costs of operations, shorten product development cycles and drive product innovation. Our simulation technology enables ‘virtual testing’ of equipment designs providing engineers with a tool that reduces design risk by increasing confidence that the equipment will meet its performance requirements.
Our customers are typically global Tier 1 companies in mining, steel-making, OEM for mining, construction and agriculture, energy, pharmaceutical and consumer goods industry sectors.
Working with the Engineering Product Delivery team to create physics validation cases and aid with feature development and product quality.
This is a rare opportunity to be part of a growing company and a world-class engineering team. The placement provides an opportunity to develop skills for career advancements in the areas including; engineering consulting, sales support, technical marketing and application R&D. You will have an opportunity to interact with engineers from EDEM’s global customers including Tier 1 companies in mining, steel-making, construction and agriculture, energy, pharmaceutical and consumer goods industry sectors.
Degree in Engineering, Physics or similar would be ideal for this role. This could be either an undergraduate degree or postgraduate degree. Other qualifications would be considered, provided you have the required essential skills, set out below.
Skills / Experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English as well as good interpersonal and networking skills
- Ability to work as part of a team demonstrating a willingness to support others in achievement of overall objectives
- Diligent, hardworking, and willingness to learn
- Familiarity with Computer Aided Engineering tools such as Finite Element Analysis (FEA), Multi Body Dynamics (MBD) and Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD). We have multiple multi-physics couplings with EDEM, knowledge of solvers in the FEA, MBD and CFD areas are advantageous but not essential.
- Background in advanced engineering simulation techniques. Knowledge of fundamentals and computational methods in Discrete Element Modelling (DEM/EDEM) is preferred
- Knowledge of software test procedures would be advantageous for this role
As part of your ScotGrad placement, you will be able to participate in a couple of training courses mainly online, and one classroom based. The courses are themed around environmental management and quality standards and will provide you with knowledge and skills which will enhance your current and future skills.
ScotGrad placements also offer a unique opportunity to connect with a vast network of graduates and ScotGrad alumni. All graduates appointed through the programme are encouraged to make use of the ScotGrad LinkedIn group to communicate with other ScotGrad participants, learn about any professional development opportunities and build up a professional network
Planned interview date: TBC
Preferred start date: October/November 2019
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!