Campers Scotland are the premium camper van converters in the UK. We take a range of vehicles and convert them into stunning bespoke camper vans including our ground breaking Hybrid and Tribrid Eco-Camper range. We currently have a hugely significant and exciting engineering project available for a talented and committed graduate. This 9 month placement opportunity will be based in Grangemouth, in Central Scotland.
As part of our plans to grow the business, we are looking for a graduate process engineer to work on a project to create a suite of detailed SOP’s, create an engineering change process and work with our teams to drive process improvement cycles including training the team members to carry out future improvement cycles.
Inspired by our company vision and products, you will become a role model/ambassador for the new lean methods of working and always looking to analyse the performance of the manufacturing system and identify improvements as part of the project.
Using your recently acquired skills, knowledge and expertise, you will help us to deliver significant improvements to our engineering capabilities which will also include assisting in the up-skilling of existing team members.
- Design a robust engineering change process
- Create and release a suite of detailed, lean SOP’s for each operation in the production system
- Drive improvement initiatives using data analysis to select the correct improvements to work on
Ideally, you will be Degree qualified in an Engineering related subject.
Skills / Experience
- You will have an in depth knowledge of lean manufacturing theory
- Possess an understanding of the views of others and help the team through the changes that the project will bring
- Effective at building relationships
- Can collaborate with others
- Communicate effectively – written & verbal
- Expert MS Office user
- Create successes for team and clients over personal success
- Results driven and success orientated
- Demonstrate a willingness to go the extra mile for our customers
- Passionate, enthusiastic and supportive
- Willing to accept guidance, coaching and direction from others
- Some exposure to lean manufacturing
- AutoCad / drawing package experience
As part of your ScotGrad placement, you will be able to participate in a couple of training courses mainly online, and one classroom based. The courses are themed around environmental management and quality standards and will provide you with knowledge and skills which will enhance your current and future skills.
ScotGrad placements also offer a unique opportunity to connect with a vast network of graduates and ScotGrad alumni. All graduates appointed through the programme are encouraged to make use of the ScotGrad LinkedIn group to communicate with other ScotGrad participants, learn about any professional development opportunities and build up a professional network.
Planned interview date: TBC
Preferred start date: 2nd December 2019
Campers Scotland is an award winning campervan manufacturer. Voted the best Campervan Dealership at the 2019 industry awards, Campers Scotland are pioneers in campervan design, eco-technology and manufacture. We have been building top-end Campervans for over a decade, including the ground-breaking Hybrid and Tribrid Eco Campers. Our sister company HiRoad Ltd also offers a range of unique and affordable campervans for hire. All companies are based in Grangemouth, Scotland, UK.
Company sector: Other
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!