You will develop knowledge and understanding of well decommissioning projects by being involved in the implementation of decommissioning project planning, and generating risk managed, technically and commercially sound decommissioning solutions. You will also investigate new technology that is available within the industry for well plug and abandonment.
You will be required to:
- Investigate new technology that is available within the industry for well plug & abandonment:
- These new technologies need to be categorised into the relevant area of abandonment and well types. Then need to be evaluated for how mature they are and how long it would be until it can be utilised within the industry.
- Evaluate the value that new technology brings and therefore begin to prioritise the specific technologies that should be focused upon.
- Support the identification and effective planning, estimating and risk assessment for well decommissioning and identify recommended solutions.
- Support the identification and effective planning, estimating and risk assessment for well decommissioning and identify recommended solutions
- Support the Well Abandonment Engineers in understanding, managing and achieving expectations for well decommissioning projects
- Provide the Well Abandonment Engineers with all necessary support and information to ensure that they are fully informed of resource requirements, progress and areas of risk for the allocated tasks
- Coordinate and support the set-up of remote operational bases
- Maintain Project(s) Risk Register
- Review and coordinate engineering risk assessments and ensure that all actions are implemented
- Liaise regularly with the supply chain group to ensure that all procurement, contracting, and related activities are consistent with the project strategies for these activities
- Support the supply chain group to develop and draft the scope of work and bidder list for all major subcontracts
- Participate in specific contract tender evaluation groups for all major tenders
- Monitor the appropriate metrics and reporting mechanisms for the key elements of the projects
- Maintain the project schedule to within the agreed timeline
- Monitor and report cost performance on a regular basis
- Ensure that effective technical documentation management and appropriate record keeping/archiving are maintained throughout the project
- Capture, document, and implement “lessons” to ensure continuous improvement in project execution.
- You will advance their technical engineering ability, combined with a collaborative work style with in an integrated multi discipline team environment.
- Develop team player essentials
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of well decommissioning contractors and operators
- Critical to success will be for you to establish a track record of technical excellence
- You will be provided and support with strong coaching, mentoring and functional guidance in the field of Well Decommissioning
- Graduate Placement report to present to senior management at year end
To support the Well Abandonment team to coordinate all related well decommissioning scoping and studies to deliver effective and integrated engineering solutions in support of the Well-Safe Solutions well abandonment programme project life cycle.
Provide assurance support to the Well Abandonment Engineers in the delivery of well decommissioning projects being prepared, defined and executed to the appropriate Well-Safe Solutions and industry standards and within budget and schedule to enable Well-Safe Solutions business objectives to be delivered.
Co-ordinate and support the set-up of remote sites.
- Engineering related qualification at degree level
Skills / Experience
- You will be currently studying/ recently completed an engineering discipline
- Team player and relationship builder
- Good project management and co-ordination skills
- Good communicator
- Driven and keen to learn and develop
- Have leadership potential
- Demonstrated technical problem solving skills
- To identify hazards and provide a mitigate to prevent hazard event
- Engineering experience or equivalent
- Annual leave
- Sick leave
- Life assurance and pension
ScotGrad placements offer a unique opportunity to connect with a vast network of graduates and ScotGrad alumni. All graduates appointed through the programme are encouraged to make use of the ScotGrad LinkedIn group to communicate with other ScotGrad participants, learn about any professional development opportunities and build up a professional network.
As part of your ScotGrad placement, you will be able to participate in a couple of training courses mainly online, and one classroom based. The courses are themed around inbound marketing and data management standards and will provide you with knowledge and skills which will enhance your current and future skills.
Planned interview date: TBC
This placement may result in a permanent employment afterwards
Preferred start date: 3rd February 2020
Well-Safe Solutions offers a fully integrated “Tier 1” Well Abandonment service providing the complete package, using our own bespoke assets. Retaining and sharing lessons learned, delivering safe, efficient Well Plug and Abandonment operations in collaboration with our clients, resulting in cost reductions with open and transparent communications.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!