MSIP Ltd. is a Joint Venture established in June 2019. An ambitious partnership project between Michelin, Scottish Enterprise and Dundee City Council, Michelin-Scotland Innovation Parc will be a world class centre for advanced manufacturing, skills and innovation in low carbon energy and sustainable transport.We have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated graduate in a marketing role. This will be a twelve-month placement and will be based in Dundee. You will lead the development of a marketing and digital strategy, firmly establishing MSIP’s website and social media platforms.
Michelin Scotland Innovation Parc is a new and exciting innovation park located on the Michelin site in Dundee. It will become a hub for sustainable mobility and low carbon energy, a place where businesses can grow in that sector, where innovation and R&D can take place, where skills are developed and where start-ups evolve. The launch of the MSIP website and social media was a critical milestone in establishing MSIP, and the ongoing delivery of this is critical to MSIP.
This role will see you involved in all aspects of marketing across MSIP. You will work alongside a small team, where you will be tasked with creating and implementing a marketing strategy and initiatives to drive customer interest. You will be responsible for delivering that marketing strategy for MSIP.
Following the launch of the MSIP website and social media platforms, you will be responsible for building our digital following, to raise awareness of MSIP and drive enquiries. We see the MSIP website as being a key part of our customer engagement and this is a critical area of work for MSIP to be a success.
In addition to driving traffic to our website and social media platforms, you will be responsible for updating both, which is crucial to ongoing performance. You will also be asked to undertake other ad hoc marketing tasks as required.
Key ambitions for MSIP is to increase awareness of MSIP to our key audiences, and drive interest in the innovation parc. This will be done through successful delivery of a marketing strategy, including building a digital following.
Your recently acquired skills and knowledge will help us achieve these key ambitions for MSIP and help us maintain our business growth objectives for the next twelve months.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement a marketing strategy for MSIP
- Develop a social media plan for MSIP
- Work with the wider team to identify, gather and deliver content for MSIP’s digital platforms
- Optimise copy and content for both print and digital marketing materials
- Research and analyse competitor marketing
- Track, report, and analyse website analytics and campaigns
- Ad hoc marketing support to the wider team
- A Business or Marketing qualification, however a graduate of any discipline who can express excellent communication skills and a creative flair would be welcomed.
Skills / Experience
- Strong communication skills, particularly writing
- Understanding of developing marketing strategies
- Understanding of social media tools
- Broad level of digital marketing awareness
- Competent in maintaining copy for website and printed marketing materials
- Previous experience in a similar environment, either during or post-study
- Experience of developing marketing strategies
- Experience of maintaining websites, specifically WordPress
- Experience of updating social media platforms
- Understanding of performance marketing, conversion, and online customer acquisition
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Knowledge of ranking factors and search engine algorithms
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a team building an exciting start up company, backed by Michelin and the Scottish Government.
We can provide a range of training and mentoring, as required.
As part of your ScotGrad placement, you will be able to participate in online training courses, and one classroom based.
ScotGrad placements also offer a unique opportunity to connect with a vast network of graduates and ScotGrad alumni. All graduates appointed through the programme are encouraged to make use of the ScotGrad LinkedIn group to communicate with other ScotGrad participants, learn about any professional development opportunities and build up a professional network.
Planned interview date: 7th and 8th January 2020
Preferred start date: Jan/Feb 2020
MSIP Ltd. is a Joint Venture established in June 2019. An ambitious partnership project between Michelin, Scottish Enterprise and Dundee City Council, Michelin-Scotland Innovation Parc will be a world class centre for advanced manufacturing, skills and innovation in low carbon energy and sustainable transport.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!