Scottish Woodlands Graduate Development Programme 2024
Are you a talented individual with drive, enthusiasm and ambition, with a passion for the outdoors and ready to grow a sustainable career? If so, we are excited to hear from you for our 2024 Graduate Development Programme.
The UK government has committed to a target of net-zero carbon emissions by 2050, resulting in an increasing interest in both existing forestry and new woodland creation. Scottish Woodlands Ltd is well placed to take advantage of developing opportunities and challenges the industry faces. These are exciting opportunities to join our progressive teams to service both existing clients and our expanding business and to play a key role in shaping the future of forestry in the UK. We want you to be part of our future.
We work in a fast-paced, commercial, and challenging environment and are currently looking to recruit Graduates to train, mentor, and develop to become an integral part our succession management plan. For 2024, we have graduate openings in both our Forestry and Harvesting divisions of the business, as well as a potential opening in our Compliance team for those interested in Health and Safety. During the two-year Graduate Development Programme, you may be given the opportunity to move around the company and spend time in some different yet fantastic locations. Therefore, successful candidates should be flexible in terms of working location. Opportunities to be placed throughout Scotland and North England.
What we look for...
- Minimum 2.2 Bachelors degree in a Forestry related discipline, or other relevant degree (Geography, Environmental, etc). We would accept a similar level for our health and safety applicant, but from a wider range of graduate level disciplines
- Excellent communication & organisational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work collaboratively within a fast-paced team
- Commercial awareness
- We encourage ICF membership, with a view to become Chartered. IOSH for our H+S role
- A Full UK Drivers Licence is essential due to the nature of the role
What will you be doing...
- New woodland creation projects
- Restocking projects
- Forest grant applications
- Timber harvesting operations
- Frontline supervision of contractors
- Managing client relationships
- Field visits and surveys
- Financial planning and analysis
- Forest planning
What you will get in return for your hard work and commitment...
- Highly attractive and Competitive Graduate Salary with Incremental Rises
- Bonus Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Private Healthcare
- Family Friendly Leave
- Company Vehicle
- Opportunity for Equity Participation through the unique Company Share Scheme
- Excellent Personal and Career Development Opportunities
Applications can be made online through our Applicant Tracking System. Please note as part of the application process, you will be required to upload a Cover Letter and CV, as well as any relevant qualification certificates. Successful applicants will be contacted to participate in our phase - two selection process which will consist of video interviews.
For more information on the 2024 Scottish Woodlands Graduate Development Programme, please go to the careers section of our website where you can download our Graduate Brochure.
Queries about the application process or the role?
If you have any questions relating to the role, please email: email@example.com.
As part of the application process, you will be required to upload your CV and cover letter, as well as any relevant qualification certificates.