£36,557 - £46,716
About the role
Do you have what it takes to engage and inspire children across Secondary Schools in the Isle of Man?
As a qualified secondary school teacher, we can offer you a generous starting salary of £36,557 for newly qualified teachers.
Playing a key role in the lives of young people, a teacher is both facilitator and enabler. As a secondary school teacher, you will develop children’s enthusiasm for learning by engaging minds and building positive relationships, whilst ensuring they are ready for future challenges, both in life and the workplace.
You will need to be an enthusiastic and dynamic teacher able to confidently and positively contribute to the development of others.
This is an ideal opportunity for an Early Careers Teacher or a more experienced Teacher seeking a fresh challenge.
Applications are invited from qualified teachers for vacant positions when they arise in each of the Island's Secondary Schools.
You will be required to demonstrate qualifications and an appropriate level of subject knowledge relating to the curriculum area(s) you wish to teach.
What benefits are available to Secondary School Teachers on the Isle of Man?
Whether you are already on island or relocating to join us, you could enjoy many benefits teaching on the Isle of Man. We recognise it can be expensive to move you and your family to the island, to keep the costs down for you we will cover a large portion of these expenses. As a Secondary Teacher on the Isle of Man you could enjoy significant and generous financial benefits such as:
- Help to pay your rent/mortgage while you settle in with a housing allowance up to £500 per month over 2 years.
- If you are returning to the island and have participated in the Department’s Student Loan scheme for tuition fees, the loan will be repaid by the Department upon completion of your second year working as a teacher at one of the island’s Secondary schools (subject to a maximum of £7,500 for a three year degree course, or £10,000 for a four year degree course).
- Financial support to get you, your family and your belongings, including one motor vehicle, to the Isle of Man. We’ll also help you to pay for storing you furniture if required. We will pay 70% of any removal or storage costs incurred.
- If you are relocating to the Isle of Man, you will receive financial help towards the costs of visiting to the Island to view housing and to visit your new school. You are eligible to receive up to £325 each for you and your partner and, if applicable, £140 each for up to 2 dependent children.
- For those relocating or returning to the island you will receive a refund on your national insurance contributions during the first 12 months of your employment, this could be up to £4,400!
- If you are in your first year as an Early Careers Teacher, you are entitled to two recruitment and retention payments of £2,000 each at the beginning of your second and third full years in teaching – available for those either relocating or living on the Isle of Man.
- A subject shortage allowance of up to £500 a month for a maximum of 8 months if you are offered a permanent position in a Maths, English or Science teaching position – available for those either relocating or living on the Isle of Man.
- A rewarding pension scheme offering a defined benefit scheme where both you and the organisation contribute towards your future including death in service cover – available for those either relocating or living on the Isle of Man.
£36,557 - £46,716
Isle of Man