Our Sensors department works on projects that cover the full product lifecycle from research, through to early concept phase, to full product design and production programmes. The roles cover ElectroOptic (EO) Seekers & Sensors and RF Systems & Datalink technologies with applications covering systems design work, hardware and firmware.
You will be able to perform highly scientific technical investigations, provide problem assessments, and design solutions within a culture of innovative thinking.
What will I be doing?
You will gain an in-depth knowledge of sensors and how they interact with other subsystems to form part of the wider missile system. Hands on testing, integrating and designing industry leading hardware and system components.
This role will specialise in RF Systems & Datalinks, here you will Develop expertise in innovative RF systems, communications and novel jamming methods.
You will gain an understanding in:
- A variety of radio frequency sub-systems, including data communications; radars and radio altimeters, typically operating between 1 and 18GH.
- Specification and assessment of RF products to support development, production and in-service programmes via interaction with UK and European colleagues and suppliers.
- Development, procurement, parameterisation, verification and/or validation of complex hardware performance models (e.g. Matlab, Simulink or similar).
- Monitoring supplier and technology road maps and identifying cutting edge and future technologies for investment.
- Research and design activities in conjunction with French, Italian and/or German colleagues.
What's in it for you?
You'll no doubt have seen all the information on our website about our comprehensive and customisable benefits package.
What are we looking for?
- Degree qualified (minimum 2:2) in any relevant applied physics, electronics or engineering degree
- Good presentation and communication skills
- A passion for applying your university learning to real-world engineering and technology projects
MBDA is committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
All graduates, undergraduates and apprentices at MBDA are required to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to their respective role. Some roles, may be reserved for UK nationals and certain categories of information may be restricted to UK nationals also. To gain suitable clearance individuals will need to have lived in the UK for up to 5 years dependent on the level of clearance required.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news. LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence) #LI-DNI
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!