Why join Shell
The growing energy need is the world’s biggest challenge. To solve this in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible we need remarkable problem solvers, keen to make their impact. Our Corporate teams are equal partners with our Engineers and Scientists in terms of delivering excellent customer service, collaboration and commercial awareness.
As a Contracting and Procurement professional you’ll provide the essential support that is needed to form long-term relationships with our partners and suppliers. You’ll need a high level of interpersonal skills, deep commercial acumen and the ability to communicate across all areas of the business, to join us. The Contract and Procurement team is responsible for everything Shell buys to develop and operate its assets, equating to approximately $65 billion in annual spend. You will play a pivotal role in helping Shell work with contractors committed to sustainable development, social performance and a cleaner global energy future.
Roles and responsibilities
As you will experiencing different roles within Contracting and Procurement at Shell you can discover your strengths, develop your skillset and propel your career to remarkable heights. Within Contracting and Procurement you may have the opportunity to work in business areas such as:
- Planning and Performance
- Supplier Management
- Business Analyst Procurement
And take on a range of responsibilities including:
- Monitoring market intelligence
- Managing supplier relationships
- Contract bidding and negotiating
- Post-award management
- Developing and delivering procurement strategies
Roles you could experience include:
- Contract engineer or analyst
- Category and market intelligence analyst
Training and development opportunities
Ambitious individuals will flourish in our supportive working environment that encourages forward and creative thinking. The Contracting and Procurement division will train you to build and maintain client and co-worker relationships, negotiate effectively, bid on ground-breaking projects and develop and deliver procurement strategies locally, regionally or globally. You will also receive continuous coaching and mentoring, formal training and regular progress checks to ensure we are providing you with everything necessary to help you reach your potential.
Your rewards and benefits include:
- The opportunity to work on global projects with external partners
- A structured development programme, highly valued across the industry
- Working for a globally recognised brand tackling globally significant challenges
- Excellent flexibility and work-life balance
- Comprehensive financial rewards, benefits and access to on-site facilities
- Opportunity for rapid progression
- The Contract and Procurement graduate programme particularly suits graduates with management related study or those with a degree that has contract management exposure.
- Evidence of negotiations skills and strong communications skills reflected in the CV may support your application.
- You should be have obtained or be studying towards a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.
- You could be based in Aberdeen or London.
The application process for our Graduate Programme is rigorous but is designed to enable the most talented graduates to stand out. After submitting an online application, you will be invited to complete our online assessments and our self-recorded video interview. Successful candidates will be invited to final stage of the selection process in a virtual assessment. This stage includes a live virtual case study session with two Shell employees who will host the discussion. You will be assigned a topic relating to an aspect of your case, and then asked to prepare a presentation.
Through this process we will be assessing candidates’:
- Capacity – the intellectual ability to analyse and apply unfamiliar information to complex situations;
- Achievement – the ability to identify and manage resources in order to deliver results;
- Relationship-building – the ability to work within, and lead, diverse teams
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!