Why join Shell?
Growing energy needs are the world’s biggest challenge. To solve this in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible we need remarkable problem solvers, keen to make their impact. Engineers and scientists able to collaborate, push boundaries, think creatively and commercially.
Do you have a passion to bring to life projects that will impact on the future of energy? As one of the most innovative companies in the world, we offer the chance to join our technical teams taking this journey of discovery, pushing boundaries and exploring frontiers as we go.
Joining the Programme you’ll work alongside the industry’s leading technical experts, gaining experience in a range of areas, including on some of Shell’s most groundbreaking engineering projects. Within Shell you’ll find a supportive work environment, working with teams across the globe. You’ll be encouraged to take an innovative approach, while developing your skills and technical capabilities.
Mechanical Engineering roles & responsibilities:
- Upstream operations
- Investigation of equipment failures
- Maintenance and repair
- Basis for design
- Fabrication construction and installation
- Asset integrity management
A Mechanical Engineering job at Shell is not only a chance to progress your career with a global energy leader and expand your horizons, but an opportunity for you to make an impact on the future of energy. You’ll play a key role in project and operational delivery and work alongside fellow creative thinkers, problem solvers and innovators keen to push boundaries. We’ll ensure that you are constantly developing your expertise and abilities.
Your rewards and benefits include:
- The opportunity to work on global projects with external partners
- A structured development programme, highly valued across the industry
- Also work towards Professional Registrations as a Chartered Engineer
- Working for a globally recognised brand tackling globally significant challenges
- Excellent flexibility and work-life balance
- A competitive starting salary and opportunity for rapid progression
Apply online via the button below.
In the application form, select your preferences based on what roles are available above.
The application process for our Graduate Programme is rigorous but is designed to enable the most talented graduates to stand out. After submitting an online application, you will be invited to complete our online assessments and then if successful, our on-demand interview. Successful candidates will be invited to final stage of the selection process in a virtual assessment. This stage includes a live virtual case study session with two Shell employees who will host the discussion. You will be assigned a topic relating to an aspect of your case, and then asked to prepare a presentation.
Through this process we will be assessing candidates’:
- Capacity – the intellectual ability to analyse and apply unfamiliar information to complex situations;
- Achievement – the ability to identify and manage resources in order to deliver results;
- Relationship-building – the ability to work within, and lead, diverse teams.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!