Site Engineer Graduate Programme
Apply by: 15.12.2021
As a Site Engineering Graduate, you will be aligned to the role of either Equipment Authority (specialist equipment) or Engineering Authority for multidiscipline systems/areas.
This role will offer good exposure to a variety of challenging projects across the programme and interaction with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders as we ensure the site facilities and production equipment are meeting expected performance demands from the basis of design and business requirements. This will involve liaising with Maintenance, Projects, Operations and Safety departments as a technical owner/intelligent customer for the assigned assets, typically identifying solutions to meet present and long-term business needs.
Follow your passion with the following responsibilities
Your main responsibility will be to develop and maintain expertise on an assigned system and/or area and use this knowledge to support the business mission by ensuring the overall performance, safety, condition and associated documentation of these assigned systems are maintained at a high standard.
What you will be doing…
- Managing the configuration and assessing/controlling any proposals for modification and/or new build projects
- Determine the condition of the asset and its ability to meet the safety case, regulatory standards, business needs and future obligations
- To develop and contribute to the BAE Systems Submarines business strategy including make/buy decisions for engineering related functions and services
- Preparing system, area or equipment health dashboards or reports to demonstrate present and target asset performance (safety and operational)
- Determining availability, reliability, single point vulnerabilities and risks associated for critical systems in areas of responsibility
- To support the investigation of events to identify and correct the root causes affecting asset performance
- Defining maintenance strategies and condition survey assessments
- Leading improvements and identifying any refurbishment, enhancement or replacement strategies and ensuring these are delivered to the correct standard
- Resolving regulatory requirements
- Focal point for Maintenance, Operations and Projects as an intelligent customer
- Understands and owns system performance, condition, trending and life-cycle planning.
What we have on offer for you!
Take your first steps in a career that motivates, rewards and evolves. At BAE Systems you’ll be working on exciting, world-leading engineering and business projects from day one. Our placements will prepare you with the skills you need to navigate situations that bring others to a standstill. We will help you make the very most of your talents. We place great importance not only on what we do, but how and why we do it. We are passionate, collaborative, and take pride in work that helps our customers and communities. Working for BAE Systems, you’ll go home at the end of each day knowing what you do really makes a difference.
Security/ Export Control
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions.
These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
Working with us
At BAE we want to be the leading employer in defence and security for valuing diversity and inclusion. We care about difference in all forms and want to create an inclusive environment where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential.
We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently under-represented within our industry, including women, people from ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to be a preferred home for veterans and reservists.