Keep Sky safe from cyber-attack. Educate staff on security threat and vulnerability. Advise on new security threats. Get involved in supporting and guiding projects. All so we can continue to deliver products free from threat exposure.
As part of our Group Technology Security team, you’ll gain experience working across multiple lifecycle stages of Cyber Security here at Sky. You’ll then get the opportunity to take on a more focused role, whether that’s simulating an attack on our computers or designing system architecture. There’s only one place you’ll see action like this in your career – and that’s Sky.
What you’ll be doing
Take part in a five-week induction before getting under the skin of our cyber security operation. You’ll cover analysis, project management and specialist cyber security training. Throughout the two-year programme, you’ll do up to four rotations, before specialising, with roles ranging from penetration testing to security project management.
Expected learnings during this programme:
- An understanding of threat intelligence and the common threats facing industry
- Common incidents that can occur and how they are responded to
- Business support and security program/project management
- Security design and architecture
- Information security operations
- Assurance, penetration testing and code review.
- This role is based in Osterley, west London
- Programme duration is 24 months, rolling off into a permanent position
- Expected start is July/August 2021.
Your development journey
You’ll enjoy a brand new, action-packed, learning experience with us. We’ll help you grow into a great future leader, with the right tools and support. The 2-year programme supports you with:
- Growth - Every project and role you take on will be a chance to learn and grow. And you’ll be supported by passionate colleagues along the way.
- Confidence - Whatever your background, you can make a valuable and valued contribution. You’ll build confidence by getting involved and stepping outside of comfort zone.
- Belonging - You’re trusted to own your day, but there’s always someone on hand to make sure you succeed. With fellow grads, inspiring each other to think big and take action. Or with your manager and wider Sky team to help build your own unique career.
Plus, you’ll have access to a range of tools, from workshops to digital courses (like LinkedIn Learning), which will help you along the way.
It’s a journey and we want you to see your progress, so you’ll get your very own development report to track your success.
What we’re looking for
The one essential requirement is that you're a graduate, or soon will be. It doesn’t matter what your degree is in. We’re much more interested in your passion for technology and cyber security and the drive and ambition you can bring to the team.
Other skills we’re looking for include:
- An understanding of threats that face organisations and how they can be prevented
- A quick learner and a team player
So why wait?
Click the Apply button to be redirected to our website to complete our simple application form.
* Due to the high volumes of applications, we're expecting to have to close this role early. We encourage interested applicants to apply soon.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!