Hit the ground running on this accelerated learning programme. Take a hands-on approach using agile methodologies. Work alongside experts in our DevOps team and make sure we stay ahead of the game.
Join the teams that built Sky Mobile, NOW TV and Sky Q. Create products used by millions. Take the lead on challenging and exciting projects. Collaborate with our software teams across the globe on video streaming platforms. With the support of a leading software delivery team, create high-quality, testable products designed to bring customers more of what they love. There’s only one place you’ll see action like this in your career – and that’s Sky.
What you’ll be doing
On our DevOps programme you’ll create the best environments for our technology projects. Make sure our products remain available once they’re deployed to production. Be involved in scaling our applications. Find yourself in Group Product, Reliability Engineering or Enterprise Engineering, working on a wide range of technology projects across our business.
You’ll learn a lot in seven months. Spend your first four weeks understanding reliability engineering principles and learning what it takes to be a DevOps Engineer. Over the remaining six months, with our guidance, you’ll put your newly acquired skills into practice on live projects.
Once you’ve completed the programme, you’ll move one of our reliability engineering teams, which provides a variety of support and deployment activities to our Development, Quality Assurance and Release Management teams. Here you’ll help reduce costs, improve products, enhance service availability, tighten security, and boost our growth. Top quality is always a priority as you deliver effective, innovative software.
On this programme you’ll ensure software is delivered to an excellent standard within a busy agile team, where quality is the highest priority. This could include:
- Providing and configuring the environments that our developers will use to create our software products
- Be involved in scaling applications and products when popularity increases or where user demands peak expectations
- Ensuring our deployed products remain available, reliable and diagnose issues when they occur
- Work in an iterative way using Agile delivery principles.
- This role is based in Osterley, west London
- Programme duration is 7 months, rolling off into a permanent position
- Expected start is September 2021.
What we’re looking for
- A graduate in any degree discipline or soon will be
- Able to develop scripted software i.e. Shell/Bash scripting
- Familiar with pipeline automation and deployment frameworks such as Docker, Jenkins, Puppet, AWS, and
- Comfortable using cloud-related technologies
- Aware of Agile methodologies
- Have passion for software and technology.
Your development journey
You’ll enjoy a brand new, action-packed, learning experience with us as part of your graduate programme. We’ll help you grow into a great future leader, with the right tools and support. Our 2-year learning and development programme sits alongside your graduate programme and supports you during your programme and beyond with:
- Growth – Every project and role you take on will be a chance to learn and grow. And you’ll be supported by passionate colleagues along the way.
- Confidence– Whatever your background, you can make a valuable and valued contribution. You’ll build confidence by getting involved and stepping outside of comfort zone.
- Belonging – You’re trusted to own your day, but there’s always someone on hand to make sure you succeed. With fellow grads, inspiring each other to think big and take action. Or with your manager and wider Sky team to help build your own unique career.
Plus, you’ll have access to a range of tools, from workshops to digital courses (like LinkedIn Learning), which will help you along the way.
It’s a journey and we want you to see your progress, so you’ll get your very own development report to track your success.
Your application journey
First, complete our short application form by entering your details and academic information. Once your application has been submitted, you’ll be invited to complete our immersive digital assessments. This may land in your junk folder so don’t forget to check it. Complete the assessments successfully and you’ll be considered for our assessment centre.
The first digital assessment looks at your behavioural and cognitive strengths through several questions. The second digital assessment will look at your ability to code. The coding test involves YAML and Shell scripting, please familiarise yourself with the basic coding concepts before beginning this stage.
In the last digital assessment, you will be required to review various sets of information and be asked questions related to this. Part of this stage will include a recorded video interview. But don’t worry there will be practice round.
For the final stage of your application, we’ll invite you to a digital assessment centre and give you some tasks to get to know you better. The day will give you a practical insight into the role and will assess your technical aptitude.
Once you’ve completed your assessment day, we’ll let you know when you can expect to hear back from us.
What are the Perks?
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of benefits really are something special, here are our highlights: free Sky Q (for the TV you love all in one place), a generous pension, 25 days paid annual leave, discounted Mobile and broadband and private health care.
You’ll also get access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
Why Inclusion is important
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best. CV’s aren’t everything. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential what you’ll bring to Sky.
We celebrate diversity because different people, with different perspectives make Sky a better business. Our customers are incredibly diverse, so we should be, too.
So why wait?
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
The closing date for applications is 20th June 2021. Apply now to avoid disappointment.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!