Whizz with numbers? Join our finance team and be right at the heart of all the action. Dive right into exciting projects and learn on the job while studying for your CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants) qualification.
Find out how accounts payable and receivable functions work. Prepare month-end accounts. Set and track budgets. Make a case for investment decisions. Analyse data. Work with teams across the business to meet and exceed our targets. There’s only one place you’ll see action like this in your career – and that’s Sky.
What you’ll be doing
Boost your accounting skills with three exciting years in various cross market finance functions, such as Finance Operations, Actuals Reporting and Commercial Finance teams. Enjoy full support to study for your CIMA qualification, giving you membership to the world’s leading professional body of management accountants.
Our Finance team is rooted at the core of what we do, meaning you’ll get hands-on experience of being an Accountant in business. You’ll gain experience in producing the financial and operational reporting that will enable us to continue growing every year and, in addition, you’ll complete analysis and partner the business supporting our customer service function.
- This role is based in Livingston, Scotland
- Programme duration is 3 years, rolling off into a permanent position
- Expected start is August 2021.
Your development journey
You’ll enjoy a brand new, action-packed, learning experience with us. We’ll help you grow into a great future leader, with the right tools and support. The 2-year programme supports you with:
- Growth - Every project and role you take on will be a chance to learn and grow. And you’ll be supported by passionate colleagues along the way.
- Confidence - Whatever your background, you can make a valuable and valued contribution. You’ll build confidence by getting involved and stepping outside of comfort zone.
- Belonging - You’re trusted to own your day, but there’s always someone on hand to make sure you succeed. With fellow grads, inspiring each other to think big and take action. Or with your manager and wider Sky team to help build your own unique career.
Plus, you’ll have access to a range of tools, from workshops to digital courses (like LinkedIn Learning), which will help you along the way.
It’s a journey and we want you to see your progress, so you’ll get your very own development report to track your success.
What we’re looking for
The one essential requirement is that you're a graduate, or soon will be. It doesn’t matter what your degree is in. We’re much more interested in your passion for numbers and the drive and ambition you can bring to the team.
Other skills we’re looking for include:
- Commercially minded and a problem-solver
- A confident communicator
- A team player
- A self-starter, eager to drive change in an exciting and dynamic environment.
So why wait?
Click the Apply button to be redirected to our website to complete our simple application form.
*Due to the high volumes of applications, we're expecting to have to close this role early. We encourage interested applicants to apply soon.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!