Join the experts developing world class Sky Broadband Routers and Sky Q Set-Top-Boxes installed in millions of homes throughout the world. Whatever your project, you’ll be in the driving seat from day one, designing the software that steers us to success.
Work on cutting-edge technology providing new features on exciting new entertainment and connectivity products for Sky. Develop software that underpins our products and improves how we work. Make an impact and get all the support you need to do your best work. There’s only one place you’ll see action like this in your career – and that’s Sky.
What you’ll be doing
The software development programme will see you learn about how we develop software and the processes used. You will also get to work closely with the hardware and device-drivers on the Sky Broadband Routers or Sky Q Set-Top-Boxes and be supported by engineers at the top of their game.
You’ll learn a lot on this seven-month programme. After just five weeks, you’ll be familiar with the major software engineering principles, low level development, test-driven development, continuous build, and integration. Over the remaining six months, with our guidance, you’ll put your newly acquired skills into practice on live projects, before moving into a delivery team where you will continue your career as an Associate Software Developer.
On this programme you’ll ensure software is delivered to an excellent standard within a busy development team, where quality is the highest priority. This could include:
- Deliver and support the building of our software products
- Team up with software professionals to create high-quality, testable products designed to engage our customers
- Produce software through iterations in a continuous integration environment.
- This role is based in Brentwood, Essex
- Programme duration is 7 months, rolling off into a permanent position
- Expected start September 2021 starting with a 5-week boot camp.
Your development journey
You’ll enjoy a brand new, action-packed, learning experience with us. We’ll help you grow into a great future leader, with the right tools and support. The 2-year programme supports you with:
- Growth - Every project and role you take on will be a chance to learn and grow. And you’ll be supported by passionate colleagues along the way.
- Confidence - Whatever your background, you can make a valuable and valued contribution. You’ll build confidence by getting involved and stepping outside of comfort zone.
- Belonging - You’re trusted to own your day, but there’s always someone on hand to make sure you succeed. With fellow grads, inspiring each other to think big and take action. Or with your manager and wider Sky team to help build your own unique career.
Plus, you’ll have access to a range of tools, from workshops to digital courses (like LinkedIn Learning), which will help you along the way.
It’s a journey and we want you to see your progress, so you’ll get your very own development report to track your success.
What we’re looking for
- A graduate in any degree discipline or soon will be
- Have created software applications either at university, at home or in industry
- Familiarity with Git or similar source control tool
- Have passion for software and technology
- Aware of Agile methodologies
- A quick learner and a team player.
So why wait?
Click the Apply button to be redirected to our website to complete our simple application form.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!