We are looking for a SMCR Associate who will work directly with HR and Compliance to deliver and support the Senior Manager & Certification Regime, with the focus on the annual re-certification process.
This is a great opportunity to learn more about the regulatory environment and how it works, working closely with HR, Compliance and the business. You will be required to co-ordinate the SMCR re-certification process for a specific part of our business, taking on ownership of the process and ensuring that it runs smoothly.
- You will be a key point of contact for SMCR queries and to execute the Annual Certification Process including monitoring and updating organisational changes and new roles
- Identifying, understanding and communicating current HR/Compliance business practices to your colleagues and the business.
- Identifying and making recommendations which improve process efficiency, regulatory compliance and the collation and reporting of accurate employee information
Skills & Qualifications:
- Understanding of the SMCR regulations and the impact to financial services is essential.
- Strong analytical, project management and problem solving skills with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel with particular knowledge of V lookup’s and Pivot tables,
- Ability to work independently and at pace to deliver against personal and team targets
- Highly articulate with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to influence a wide range of stakeholders across the business
- Problem solving - proven ability to take complex business requirements and translate these into tangible, workable and commercially smart solutions leveraging best practice tools and techniques
- Relationship building – the ability to build trusted relations quickly, establishing credibility, trust and respect with the business and key stakeholders.
- Analytical - ability to understand and respond to complex problems, draw and present the right insight and recommendations effectively escalating if necessary.
- Adaptable - Proven ability to thrive in a complex matrix environment, collaborate effectively with broader HR teams and galvanise support for projects, bringing people together to deliver
- High levels of self-awareness and committed to personal development with a growth mindset
- Thoughtful and demonstrates good judgment and strong decision-making skills
- Calm under pressure
- Have a bias-to-action, results-oriented approach to work