At Smith & Williamson we recruit high calibre people with the skills, knowledge and commitment to meet the demands of the business. Our trainee schemes are structured training programmes combining practical experience with technical studies, as well as providing numerous opportunities to increase your skill set with internal courses ranging from personal impact and negotiation skills to time management to delivering presentations.
The successful individual will join a three year structured training programme combining practical experience with technical studies for the ACCA or CA qualification.
The Trainee Chartered Accountant role equips you to provide a range of assurance and business services to a diverse client base ranging from small businesses and start-ups to substantial international groups.
This means you will quickly gain broad experience in the following:
Technical – on-the-job training and studying towards your professional qualification will enable you to gain a full understanding of the technical aspects of audit and accountancy and additional financial advisory services. You will:
- Develop an understanding of our clients and their businesses
- Complete audit programmes and form conclusions on each individual test and section completed
- Highlight issues and problems for the attention of senior management
- Become familiar with our audit software
- Resolve queries whether of an audit or accountancy nature
- Attend a range of internal training sessions including industry experience and soft skills
- Work as part of a team to undertake a variety of audit and accountancy tasks for our diverse client base
- Understand from your manager the scope of tasks allocated and objectives to be achieved
- Keep seniors and managers fully informed of any issues and problems, ensure work is completed to a level agreed with the manager and record clearly and concisely work done
- Prioritising tasks whilst monitoring time against budget
- Support department events and procedures and build relationships within Smith & Williamson
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be committed and motivated to studying towards the ACCA qualification or CA with Chartered Accountants Ireland (CAI) to become a chartered accountant
- Be able to deliver first class client service and work effectively as part of a team
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- Have a high level of general commercial awareness
- expected 2.1 honours degree or higher (in any discipline)
- 400 CAO points (equivalent to 112 UCAS points)
- a grade B or above in higher level leaving certificate (or equivalent) Maths or English
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!