We are looking for Social Media Managers who are passionate about using the power of social media to share the stories behind 100s of statistical releases each year.
As a Social Media Manager, you will be responsible for ONS' daily social media output, helping to create engaging content that promotes ONS’s wide-ranging statistical releases to a broad audience.
You'll work with world-class experts to tell compelling, original stories about our society and economy. And you’ll be part of the team telling the story of the 2021 Census – a once-in-a decade survey of the whole population of England and Wales that produces some of the richest data about people and their lives.
Responsibilities include but aren’t limited to:
• Work closely with business areas, media relations, data journalists, data visualisation, and design teams to create, optimise and publish social content from 100s of statistical releases, articles and interactives a year.
• Work with the Social Media Lead to manage projects from inception to sign-off.
• Edit sometimes complex copy provided by data experts and translate for specific social media channels and audiences – be responsible for the overall editorial tone of the channels.
• Spot opportunities to link ONS statistical outputs to events, trending topics, and topical news items.
• Work alongside the stakeholder team to promote ONS content to influential partners and individuals.
• Use analytics to inform and user insight to guide iterative improvements to your work.
• Work with the Customer Contact Centre to help co-ordinate replies to users and act on online conversations that ONS should respond to.
• Have a deep understanding of the intricacies of our social media channels to recognise new opportunities and advise colleagues on appropriate use.
• Horizon-scan social media developments and adapt activities in line with applicable trends.
• Monitor the impact of campaign activity
In return we offer:
✔Hybrid working in an organisation voted top in the UK for work-life balance
✔A market leading pension scheme - our employer contribution rate is around 27%
✔ A choice of working patterns *for every role* full-time, part-time, job-share.
✔Maternity, adoption or shared parental leave of 26 weeks full pay (subject to qualifying criteria)
✔Employee Assistance Programmes
✔Diversity Network Groups
✔Mental Health Allies
✔Civil Service Sports and Social club
✔Generous holiday allowance – 25 days annual leave, rising to 30 days after 5 years service in addition to 9 public holidays
For more information about this role, a full application pack, and to apply, please follow the APPLY link to Civil Service Jobs
Newport, South walesFareham, Hampshire
Preferred Degree Subjects
Computer Science and IT