We’re looking for a dynamic and ambitious Social Media Manager to join our team and help take our social media channels and our brand to the next level
The business has grown rapidly over the past 18 months and we’re now looking for an experienced social media manager to take our social content forward and accelerate our growth.
We’re looking for someone with experience in the social media space who’s keen to join a growing and innovative start-up team. You’d be tasked with creating strategies, delivering content and bringing innovative, inspiring and educational content to our audience.
You’ll be responsible for managing the production and publication of content across all my social media accounts - making sure it remains relevant, innovative and aligns with my brand, style and tone while also taking into account current trends.
: Full Time
Location : London / Hybrid (You need to have the right to work in the UK).
Salary : £30,000 - £35,000
- Social Media Strategy - Develop creative and engaging strategies for each social media channel which take into account style and current trends to increase awareness and maintain growth.
- Content Management - Coordinate social media output from planning to publication adapting content to suit different channels. This would involve working both internally and externally to create engaging multimedia content (and/or outsource this effectively) across multiple platforms and reacting to trends when appropriate.
- Creative/Idea Generation - Generate great content ideas, which is on brand and continuously develop our messaging strategy in line with performance, for all our social media channels by monitoring trends, seeing what's working for similar accounts and figuring out how we can use those insights to make our own content amazing.
- Campaigns & Launches - Work with the marketing department to develop, launch and manage campaigns for our products and courses that we're launching, making exciting creative content and working to hit business targets.
- Managing Analytics - Monitor, track and analyse and report on performance on social media platforms using tools such as Google Analytics and Facebook insights and adjust our content accordingly.
- Market Research - Research and evaluate the latest trends and techniques and pitch ideas for new content deliveries that can serve our audience.
- Brand Development - Work with the marketing team to help develop all the brands across the business.
- Experience working in a social media role with demonstrable experience of driving growth (either in startups or for a public figure).
- Excellent copywriting and editing skills which you can adapt to suit different platforms. This ranges from how to write a successful tweet to using effective storytelling techniques in longer content.
- Excellent project management skills to coordinate production, maintain consistency with publishing and work across multiple projects.
- An ability to effectively use analytics to track and analyse data across different platforms using a range of social media data tracking tools.
- An understanding of and interest in the creator economy, and knowledge of the levers to gain growth on YouTube and other platforms.
- An ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment, wearing multiple hats, especially while the team is small and growing.
- A commitment to work together for at least three years. We’re looking for someone who wants to play the long-game.
- An excellent understanding of our content’s strategy, tone and style.
- A self-motivated, proactive, and responsive attitude to your role, always bringing ideas to the table and looking to make a difference and have an impact on the product and the company.
Trajectory - You’ll be an early-stage team member in a multi-faceted online business with characteristics similar to high-growth startups.
Impact - Your work will have a positive impact on hundreds of students who take the course.
Adventure - You’ll be able to join travel opportunities and other fun things that come with working in a choose-your-own-adventure business.
Ownership - If you’ve got fun or interesting ideas that align with the business goals, you’ll have free reign to make them happen without having to wade through red tape and middle-management.
Not Bullshit - Over 70% of Americans apparently think their jobs are meaningless and don't actually impact society. This hopefully won't be one of those.
About the Team
Our mission is to create inspirational and educational content that helps people do more of what matters to them. In 4 years, the YouTube channel's grown to 3M subscribers, with hundreds of thousands of followers on out other platforms. Our content aims to help people be more productive, learn better, become financially independent, and generally live happier, healthier lives.
The medium-term aim is to continue to make more content, make it really good, and put it out for free across our social platforms. Our paid online courses fund our business operations, and help us create (hopefully) world-class free content. I'm also in the process of writing a book, which will hopefully be published Q3 2023, and if it's a banger, it'll hopefully take our business to the next proverbial level.
We've also recently launched a new podcast (similar to Tim Ferriss / Impact Theory) where we interview inspiring people about how they got to where they are + how they find joy and fulfilment in their work and life.
You'll be joining a small(ish), dynamic, friendly team who don't believe in red tape and try our best to have fun every day.
How to Apply
- Application Form - Please fill out your details and answer the various questions in this application form including the trial task here
- Next Steps - Once your application's in, we'll review it and if we think you’ll be a good fit, we’ll ask you for an interview with us.
Closing Date - 10th July