Our formula for success is to hire exceptional people, encourage their ideas and reward their results.
As a Software Developer Intern, you will build advanced trading and risk applications leveraging cutting-edge technology. DRW enables our Software Developer Interns to develop computationally intensive software under the guidance of senior technologists with the goal of deployment during your ten weeks. While your days will have you immersed in complex projects directly driving DRW’s progress, your evenings will be spent exploring the city with organized social events to truly discover what it is like to live and work in London.
How you will make an impact…
Design, develop test, and deploy proprietary software development solutions across the firm. Examples include creating:
- Decoders to receive raw pack data from various exchanges and translate it into a more accessible form
- Normalizers which take decoded data and build a book for each instrument traded on that exchange
- Applications to facilitate communication around executed trades to our compliance team
- Identify innovative solutions to complex problems and advocate for their implementation to your team by communicating your ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Conduct robust research using a data driven approach to employ statistical analytics on large data sets
- Collaborate with other software developers, quantitative traders and researchers as well as business analysts in cross-functional team environments
What you bring to the team…
- Meaningful projects: You’ll receive a challenging project to complete during your time here. Each project, advised by a software engineer, promotes a comprehensive learning experience and provides you with meaningful work experience.
- Community: Throughout the summer, we host a variety of educational, social and team-building activities to foster friendship and camaraderie.
- Housing: DRW provides fully furnished apartments located close to the office –making your morning commute as easy as possible.
- Mentorship: You’ll build a professional relationship with an experienced mentor in your field. Mentors and mentees meet to discuss goals, challenges and professional development and explore the city together at our mentor outings.
- Education: As technology continues to drive the trading industry forward, both in terms of new products and transaction methods, the future will present us with unique opportunities and challenges. To prepare you for how technology will continue to impact trading’s future landscape, you will complete an options course framed from a developer’s standpoint to help you visualise how your technology solutions will be used in real time. As the trading industry continually evolves, both in terms of new products and transaction methods, the future will present us with unique opportunities and challenges.