Software Development Graduate Programme - Brentwood
East of England +1
Join the experts developing world class Sky Broadband Routers and Sky Q Set-Top-Boxes installed in millions of homes throughout the world. Whatever your project, you’ll be in the driving seat from day one, designing the software that steers us to success.
Work on cutting-edge technology providing new features on exciting new entertainment and connectivity products for Sky. Develop software that underpins our products and improves how we work. Make an impact and get all the support you need to do your best work. There’s only one place you’ll see action like this in your career – and that’s Sky.
What you’ll be doing
The software development programme will see you learn about how we develop software and the processes used. You will also get to work closely with the hardware and device-drivers on the Sky Broadband Routers or Sky Q Set-Top-Boxes and be supported by engineers at the top of their game.
You’ll learn a lot on this seven-month programme. After just five weeks, you’ll be familiar with the major software engineering principles, low level development, test-driven development, continuous build, and integration. Over the remaining six months, with our guidance, you’ll put your newly acquired skills into practice on live projects, before moving into a delivery team where you will continue your career as an Associate Software Developer.
On this programme you’ll ensure software is delivered to an excellent standard within a busy development team, where quality is the highest priority. This could include:
- Deliver and support the building of our software products
- Team up with software professionals to create high-quality, testable products designed to engage our customers
- Produce software through iterations in a continuous integration environment.
- These roles are based in Brentwood, Essex
- Programme duration is 7 months, rolling off into a permanent position
- Expected start July 2022 starting with a 5-week boot camp.
What we’re looking for
- A graduate in any degree discipline or soon will be
- Have created software applications either at university, at home or in industry
- Familiarity with Git or similar source control tool
- Have passion for software and technology
- Aware of Agile methodologies
- A quick learner and a team player.
So why wait?
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
The current closing date for applications is 6th February 2022. But things move quickly around here, so apply now to avoid disappointment.
East of England, Greater London