Join the experts behind Sky Mobile, NOW and Sky Q. Whatever your project, you’ll be in the driving seat from day one, designing the software that steers us to success.
Change the way customers interact with the NOW interface. Collaborate with our software teams across the globe on video streaming platforms. Create software technology that influences the way they watch their favourite shows. Use cutting-edge technology and contribute to the success of current and future products. Develop software that underpins our products and improves how we work. Make an impact and get all the support you need to do your best work. There’s only one place you’ll see action like this in your career – and that’s Sky.
What you’ll be doing
The software development programme might see you create the NOW interface, develop capabilities for our front-end platforms or become a full stack developer for our search and recommendations team.
You’ll learn a lot on this seven-month programme. After just five weeks, you’ll be familiar with the major software engineering principles, Java development, test-driven development, continuous build, and integration. Over the remaining six months, with our guidance, you’ll put your newly acquired skills into practice on live projects, before moving into a delivery team where you will continue your career as an Associate Software Developer.
On this programme you’ll ensure software is delivered to an excellent standard within a busy agile team, where quality is the highest priority. This could include:
- Deliver and support the development of our software products
- Team up with software professionals to create high-quality, testable products designed to engage our customers
- Produce software through iteration using Agile delivery principles.
- These roles are based in Osterley, west London
- Programme duration is 7 months, rolling off into a permanent position
- Expected start July or September 2022 starting with a 5-week boot camp.
What we’re looking for
- A graduate in any degree discipline or soon will be
- Ability to code using modern day web languages
- Have created software applications using modern-day web languages either at university, at home or in industry
- Have passion for software and technology
- A quick learner and a team player
- Aware of Agile methodologies.
So why wait?
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
Osterley, West London