Software Engineering - Industrial Placement
Want to build a legacy you’ll look back on with pride? Join the creative, digital and commercial legends of tomorrow for an innovative year in industry you’ll never forget. Intentionally designed to help you shape the fast-moving world of retail, your programme will deliver a masterclass in technical training, structured mentorship, and 360-feedback. While zoning in on the fascinating ‘M&OS’ approach to software engineering.
You’ll work closely with talented software engineers, product managers, scrum masters and technical programme managers, discover how a truly innovative business evolves in its ways of working. Depending on your team, you might interact with specialists such as data scientists, UX/UI designers and analytics experts. Every day is a new lesson in building and managing high-quality, reliable software with a high degree of automation in the cloud. With mentoring from more senior engineers, you’ll produce clean, innovative code through code reviews and pair programming. You’ll generate fresh ideas and target team objectives through collaborative whiteboarding sessions. And, ultimately, you’ll develop the judgement and vision that sets good engineers and great engineers apart.
Key Skills and experience
- Some experience with React.js, Java, Python or Mobile App Development using Swift. UI (either through personal or commercial projects)
- Solid knowledge of OO programming concepts
- Good understanding of HTML5 / CSS3 / SASS
- Knowledge and understanding of microservices architecture (REST/ GraphQL)
- Has knowledge of SDLC using Scrum and/or Kanban
- Appreciates the difference between Unit testing / Integration testing / BDD / TDD
- Some knowledge of distributed version controls systems like Git
- Basic understanding of software development practices, continuous integration, and DevOps: you build it, you run it
- Good communication skills, both written and spoken and able to adjust for different audiences
- An ambition to be an open-source contributor, technology writer or speaker
Become a Legend of Tomorrow. Apply today.