Your Opportunity to Define Possible. Our Opportunity to Deliver the Nation’s Security. Together.
Join Northrop Grumman and embark on a journey of innovation that transforms lives today and shapes generations to come. As a pioneer of ground-breaking technology, we've played a pivotal role in technological advancements that define our nation's history. From conquering the skies to lunar exploration, we seek individuals who dare to invent the future, bring bold ideas to life, and thrive on the impossible. At Northrop Grumman, curiosity, diversity of thought, and embracing your authentic self are the drivers of our culture. See for yourself on our 12-month internship.
As a Software Engineer Intern, you’ll get to provide support for all kinds of cyber and non-cyber tasks. In addition to innovative end-to-end solutions, you’ll get exposure to R&D, big data, systems architecture and all manner of software engineering for pioneering projects. As a key member of the Software Engineering team, you will:
- Gain experience in various software and related disciplines such as cyber security, architectural design, systems engineering, application development, DevSecOps and software development methodologies (e.g. Agile).
- Learn how to work on presentations and deliver them; how to constructively criticise and write up reports; how to connect with colleagues; and how to improve communication skills within teams while building your confidence.
- Work mostly in Java and C++ using object-oriented design and enterprise integration patterns.
- Help us make use of service/web-oriented architectures, cloud technologies and open source products. Our projects are run using the latest agile methodologies and DevSecOps tools.
What You Bring (essential experience and qualifications):
- Working towards a relevant degree, for example, Software Engineering or Computer Science.
- A passion for software, computing, online security and cyber ethics and a proven ability to write code in Java and Python.
- An understanding of the software lifecycle and the importance of delivering to deadlines.
- Analytical skills and logical reasoning, along with the ability to solve problems in innovative ways.
You must be able to achieve SC level security clearance for this role.
Why Join Us:
As an integral part of our team, you'll enjoy a range of benefits, including:
- Flexibility in working arrangements, including hybrid options
- Opportunities for compressed working – have every other Friday off!
- Flexible benefits package
- Travel benefits
- Family-friendly policies
- Holiday buy and sell
- Employee well-being and assistance programmes
- Career Development opportunities for ongoing growth
- For top performers, an offer of a place on our Graduate Programme
For a comprehensive list of benefits, visit our UK careers site.
Inclusion and Diversity:
We are committed to equality and diversity in our workplace, including neurodiverse candidates. Northrop Grumman provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants, regardless of protected status.
Ready to Join Us?
Submit your application online. For inquiries, reach out to our Early Careers Team. Learn more about our UK careers on our website.
Join Us in Defining the Future of Security