We look for the risk-takers, the collaborators, the inspired and the inspirational. We want the people who are brave enough to work at the cutting edge and create solutions that will enrich and improve the lives of people across the globe. So, if you want to make the world say wow, let's talk.
The conversation starts here. If this role matches your ambitions and skillset, let's get started with your application. Take a look at our other open positions too. Our many opportunities can lead to infinite possibilities.
Location: Weybridge or Basingstoke, UK.
If you want to do something extraordinary in your career, this is the place to be. We don’t just create technology, services and content. We enliven senses, capture moments and create new experiences daily. We have been at the forefront of consumer tech for decades, and we stay ahead by inspiring and fulfilling curiosity. This is the world you could be part of.
Sony Electronics has over six decades of innovation to our name, and we continue to drive the market forward. From the world's first Walkman to our latest OLED television, Sony stands for creativity and innovation. We pride ourselves on having employees who match up to those values and will continue to move us forward.
Wherever you find yourself in our business, you will be given the opportunity to understand, operate and develop our key business processes that help to make Sony what it is today. You will be given the opportunity to learn, grow and lay the building blocks for the bright career ahead of you.
We are also passionate about your development and to help you get the most out of the experience you will be part of a development module which will expose you to the other areas of the Sony family, our business leaders and get you working on some great projects. With a group of like-minded students, our student alumni and business experts, you’ll be joining a fantastic community where it’s all about taking risks, pushing the boundaries and changing the future.
Working in our fast-paced business functions we promise a life changing experience.
If you’re studying towards your Bachelor's degree and think you've got what it takes – Apply today!
Finance - Our Finance group ensures our commercial operations across the world are underpinned with sound financial practice. Whether it’s financial accounting, business controlling or the systems side, we have a wealth of opportunities for you to learn and contribute to our best practice operation.
Within the various Planning & Control teams, we offer six intern roles:
Financial Analyst Intern – Corporate Planning & Control Europe
The candidate will be part of the Planning & Control Department and will support a team of controllers looking after the fixed costs of Sony Europe.
You will support the following activities:
- Month end close (working closely with Sony Global Finance & Accounting)
- Monthly forecast
- Monthly reporting to business units
- Business partner senior management of allocated business units
- Monthly financial analysis and submission of financial bridges to management
- Annual budgeting process
- Ad-hoc projects to increase operational efficiencies and drive cost reduction
- Monthly cost allocation process
Financial Analyst, Change Management and Planning
The intern will be a team member of the Sony Global Finance & Accounting (SGFA) department and perform the following financial planning tasks:
- Conduct analytical activities related to performance, cost, headcount and service level agreements of SGFA
- Responsible for the timely and accurate monthly close of the SGFA cost accounts
- Responsibility for financial costs associated within SGFA including outsource provider
- Manage and deliver SGFA finance reporting (internal & external)
- Liaise with SGFA leadership to set budgets & monitor forecast performance to ensure adherence to financial targets
- Support SGFA management in evaluating outsourcer service cost and service delivery against benchmark
Financial Planning & Analytics (FP&A) Intern – PSE:
The intern will support the reporting and controlling team with excel based financial reporting:
- Daily Sales maintenance, control & reporting
- Inventory & Devaluation
- SGA management – Operations, Management, Hawkeye, Marketing. Variance Analysis / Creation of Forecasts & Budget.
- Headcount management – Month on month analysis / creating reports for CPCE & PSE Management
- Month end journals and analysis
- Logistics reporting
- PSE Actuals & Forecast reporting – Creation / Validation & publication of reports.
Business Planning & Control Intern – PSE:
The intern will support the Business Planning and controlling team with Excel and Power Point based financial Data summary, maintenance and reporting
- Daily Sales summary, maintenance & reporting
- Actual sales/MP data summary, maintenance & reporting
- Fcst sales/MP/GP data summary, maintenance & reporting
- Support for Sales/GP/MP analysis
- Support for Month end journals and analysis
- Support for the construction of standardized financial actual/ Fcst process and format
Finance & Data Analyst:
This role will manage day to day financial reporting of PSE Marketing Communications budgets and assist in wider marketing and communications delivery where required. Responsibilities include raising Purchase Orders, allocating costs, cost breakdowns, budget planning including actuals and forecasts, reporting for the whole platform, including Japan and individual Business Units and analysis. Role also includes recommending, improving and implementing new financial processes for various teams across the platform.
This role is based with a non-financial team so the successful candidate will also have the opportunity to work within the digital marketing team and be exposed and contribute to the different digital marketing activities.
The role aims at shaping the individual and developing data driven mind sets, that can be applied across finance, operations and digital marketing. The successful applicant will develop a working understanding of finance as well as how business, reporting and marketing data can be used to make tactical and operational decisions in a global organization.
Typical responsibilities and duties may include the creation of reports, dashboards and the extraction of insights and learnings which can be actioned across the different functions within the digital marketing team.
Junior Logistics Analyst:
The purpose of the role is to support Sony Europe Logistics with various reports and analysis with a standardized approach to provide visibility of Key performance indicators of logistics Europe operations and drive continuous improvements (Kaizen) activities.
The role will embrace various activities, including:
Invoice Auditing: verifying accuracy of invoices received from logistics partners (Warehouses and Carriers), using dedicated tool; Direct communications with Sony’s Logistics Service providers (3PL’s) for quick action and feedback; resolving issues occurring throughout the auditing Process; reporting on own tasks and results achieved.
Month on Month reporting: prepare, compile and verify data from various sources into a standard report. Share with Logistics Platform and Sony Europe top management.
Analysis: Analyse trends and patterns in delivery/customer profiles to support opportunities for costs saving initiatives and sales & operational planning.
Continuous Improvements: Support with development of our Logistics operational shipment volume forecasting tool.
The position owner will be part of a larger platform and will participate in the execution of defined logistics procedures and processes within agreed service levels.
The role will support the logistics platform in the continuous transformation on the way to one aligned operation working in the same way and with the same targets.
- Degree in business administration, business management, finance, accounting, economics
- Language: English (fluent)
- IT/IS knowledge: MS Office (especially MS Excel: pivot table, formulas,…)
- General understanding and interest in Finance & Reporting
- Analytical/attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Good team player and ability to work independently
What do we offer?
- A one year, full time work experience program for undergraduate students from July 2021 until July 2022.
- Be part of a global player in the consumer electronics industry
- Unique and business driven experience
- Exposure to leading edge technology
- Business and commercial understanding
- Opportunity to demonstrate your potential
- Core development experience
- Diverse and international work environment
- Paid internship
Our recruitment process:
The job posting will be open until 6th of December 2020. The selected candidates will be invited to perform a video interview during December.
The shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend an assessment center for these five roles specifically in the first half of February in our office in Weybridge or Basingstoke (or virtually).
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!