Are you passionate about sport, with marketing experience and a knowledge of betting? Spreadex, the world’s leading sports spread betting firm, is looking to recruit a Marketing Executive as part of its marketing team.
Ideally you will have at least two years’ experience working in a marketing department in the betting, trading or wider sports industries, however, we are also happy to consider applications from highly educated candidates without this experience who can demonstrate expertise in the areas above.
The role will be primarily focused on promoting our sports betting product but will also have some involvement in our financial product. A passion for sports and a detailed awareness of the major current sporting events will be crucial as will an interest in and good understanding of the mechanics of sports spread betting and fixed odds betting.
You will have excellent English skills and the ability to write creatively about sports in context of betting. Being responsible for the creation of content on our website, emails, social and other channels, you will have a strong artistic eye, a high level of attention to detail and the ability to work quickly and accurately with images in Photoshop. You will also have a high level of numeracy.
- Creating and updating pages on our sports and financial brochureware sites to promote new product features and promotions and highlight aspects of our service.
- Creating homepage banners featuring exciting imagery to highlight major sporting events or new product features.
- Creating emails to promote new products and services, highlight major sporting events and explain promotions to specific groups of clients.
- Working with Excel and other applications to analyse client lists and create targeted groups of clients for given promotional campaigns or client communications.
- Organising and administrating promotional campaigns, creating interesting and engaging copy and selecting appealing imagery to be used in emails and on web pages. Liaising with clients regarding promotional questions and queries.
- Accurately recording campaign details for effective future analysis and strategic decision making.
- Working with affiliate companies and introducing partners to ensure they have the latest copies of our brand assets, product and service details. Answering questions and assisting with the creation of tracking links, landing pages and contracts for new partners.
- Creating Google search ads to promote new product features or betting around major events. Creating relevant landing pages to help clients who click on our search ads continue their journey through our website.
- Creating digital ads for new campaigns or product pushes. Identifying suitable images, working with Photoshop to manipulate and resize these, overlaying text and logos and exporting final ads.
- Setting up new search AdGroups from time to time and reviewing keywords.
Education and Personal Skills
- A strong degree from a top quality university.
- A dedicated, hard-working and productive manner and a high level of attention to detail.
- A thorough and organised approach to work, with the ability to follow instruction and work through allocated tasks in accordance with assigned priorities and deadlines.
- Good numeracy skills and a strong commercial and financial awareness.
Sport and Betting
- A passionate interest in a range of sports and a keen awareness of the key players involved in and stories surrounding the major sporting events taking place each day.
- A strong interest in sports betting and a thorough understating of how sports spread betting works.
- Excellent English and grammar skills and the ability to write about sport in the context of sports betting with a creative and engaging style.
- The ability to liaise with clients via email regarding promotional questions on their accounts in a professional and courteous manner.
- The ability to identify relevant images from our image archive subscriptions and edit, crop and resize these to a high artistic standard using Photoshop.
- A good understanding of basic design principles such as use of negative space, margins, consistency of fonts and colours and the ability to create content within defined style guides.
- The ability to quickly learn and work with a number of marketing applications such as Umbraco (for managing web content) and Smart Focus for the creation of email campaigns.
- Ideally you will have at least two years’ experience of having worked in a marketing department in the betting, trading or wider sports industries, however, we are also happy to consider applications from highly educated candidates without this experience who can demonstrate expertise in the areas above.
- Members of the marketing team work a 37.5 hour week generally 9 - 5.30pm, although hours are flexible to cover events or client entertainment outside of these hours.