Work with Us. Change the World.
At AECOM, we're delivering a better world. Whether improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access
to clean water, or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive. We are the world's trusted
infrastructure consulting firm, partnering with clients to solve the world’s most complex challenges and build legacies
for future generations.
There has never been a better time to be at AECOM. With accelerating infrastructure investment worldwide, our
services are in great demand. We invite you to bring your bold ideas and big dreams and become part of a global team
of nearly 50,000 planners, designers, engineers, scientists, digital innovators, program and construction managers and
other professionals delivering projects that create a positive and tangible impact around the world.
We're one global team driven by our common purpose to deliver a better world. Join us.
Day-to-day delivery of stakeholder engagement services on a range of projects including:
• research to support stakeholder and political audits/mapping
• drafting text for various communications materials such as booklets, response forms, websites and social media posts and consultation reports
• logistical support for engagement and consultation events
• support to manage stakeholder enquiries
• analysis of responses to consultations
Support in identifying new business opportunities for the provision of stakeholder engagement services and associated proposal development including:
• management of the team's new business tracker
• drafting text and helping to co-ordinate submission of proposals for new business
• support in the ongoing proactive promotion of the AECOM stakeholder engagement service including drafting of marketing materials for the team such as case studies and presentations.
Minimum Requirements :
• Must demonstrate an interest in stakeholder engagement and communications, helping organisations explain proposals or plans and take into consideration people’s views
• Educated to at least degree level, ideally masters in Geography, Sociology, Social Sciences, English, History, Politics, Law, Planning, Environmental Sciences
• An interest in UK planning policy, social impact assessment or environmental issues would be advantageous
• Ability to work as part of a team, collaborating with colleagues, client and stakeholders as appropriate as well as to work independently without losing initiative & focus.
• Strong skills in Microsoft Office specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Self-motivated and enthusiastic, hard-working, with ambition and drive
• Strong report writing research, numeracy and verbal communications skills – verbal and written – with the confidence to engage with a variety of people, summarise technical information effectively and demonstrate diligent research techniques
• Strong organisational skills and attention to detail- evidence of an organised approach to task/project management - Ability to structure & prioritise work effectively through close cooperation with the team as a whole
• Ability to work flexibly under pressure, responding to changing project and programme demands
• Willingness to travel and occasionally work out of normal office hours
• Full Clean Driving licence beneficial for site work where equipment is required
• Previous experience of working in a consultancy environment would be beneficial, including work placements or relevant voluntary experience.
Our Graduate Development Programme (ADVANCE) along with our huge scope of projects across the globe will challenge and inspire you to make a real difference to the world we live in. Our GDP forms a core part of our business strategy globally, designed to develop the best talent across numerous disciplines to lead our business into the future. We have more than 750 graduates on our programmes across the UK and Ireland from more than 40 different disciplines, each making a tangible difference to the environment in which we live and work.
We shall provide you with all the tools and support you need to achieve your professional development ambitions, including Chartership with the relevant international professional institution (we have graduates working towards more than 30 professional institutions in the UK and Ireland). We shall push you to achieve the highest standards and expect our graduates to pass their professional review first time. You will be assigned a mentor to support and guide your development, and you will take regular training modules throughout the programme. There will be on-the-job technical development and classroom training where required, and the opportunity to work on live client projects with significant multi-disciplinary exposure.