East Midlands +1•
Love to learn?
You probably think of Capital One as a credit card provider. But we make finance human by channelling our business acumen into technology, products and tools. That’s how we help customers find the right credit for them.
And one of the happy consequences of making finance more human is that Capital One is an inspiring place to launch your career.
(Plus the high starting salaries and other perks are pretty exciting too...)
Strategy Analysts at Capital One
At Capital One, we’re always looking at ways to boost our business and give our customers a better experience. Join us for 10 weeks as a Strategy Analyst Intern, you’ll take a bird’s eye view of our business, and find new ways to improve every aspect of what we do. Expect to take on real projects with support from a team buddy, a programme mentor and excellent training. You’ll even get to meet the CEO.
What you’ll learn
We’ll help you develop your coding skills and analytical abilities as well as showing you how to build models and make recommendations based on solid quantitative and qualitative analysis.
You’ll learn how to interpret data and other insights to make the right decisions for our business and customers. Plus, you’ll influence, collaborate and present across the business, including to senior leaders.
What you’ll need
You need to be in your penultimate year and it doesn’t matter what degree you have. What does matter is that you bring a curious mindset, along with superb problem-solving skills. An aptitude for maths is important, and you’ll be keen to develop skills in coding and analysis. We look for people who thrive in a collaborative environment. You’ll work well with others, but you’ll also be focused on growth and development – yours and ours.
We’re inspiring because we’re inclusive. A gamechanger because we never stop pushing ourselves. Great because of you.
- Sponsorship: We can consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK without sponsorship (including Tier 4 students who can work outside of term time)
- Eligibility: We accept applications from any penultimate year undergraduate or incoming postgraduate completing studies in 2023 only. If you are due to graduate after 2023 you won’t be eligible at this time.
- Application deadline: You’ll need to apply by Sunday 31st October and we’ll contact you with details on next steps so please add our email address to your safe sender list
What you should know about how we recruit
We pride ourselves on hiring the best people, not the same people. Building diverse and inclusive teams is the right thing to do and the smart thing to do. We want to work with top talent: whoever you are, whatever you look like, wherever you come from. We know it’s about what you do, not just what you say. That’s why we make our recruitment process fair and accessible. And we offer benefits that attract people at all ages and stages.
We also partner with organisations including the Women in Finance and Race At Work Charters, Stonewall and upReach to find people from every walk of life and help them thrive with us. We have a whole host of internal networks and support groups you could be involved in, to name a few:
- REACH – Race Equality and Culture Heritage group focuses on representation, retention and engagement for associates from minority ethnic groups and allies
- OutFront – to provide LGBTQ+ support for all associates
- Mind Your Mind – signposting support and promoting positive mental wellbeing for all
- Women in Tech – promoting an inclusive environment in tech
- EmpowHER - network of female associates and allies focusing on developing future leaders, particularly for female talent in our industry
Capital One is committed to diversity in the workplace.
East Midlands, Greater London